Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gray facial hair coverage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stephon75206 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephon75206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gray facial hair coverage
    Posted: July 25 2005 at 1:32am

i need some ideas on the safest coverage of gray facial hair. i have a lot of dark hair but many gray ones as well that i can't stand.   i have used just for men beard color but i am afraid of the toxins in the product so i stopped using it.  i have resorted to plucking the gray ones out hair by hair.  it takes about 4 hours to pluck them all out but they come back constantly - so it is hard to maintain.  any ideas of a safer alternative to just for men besides shaving it off?  thanks   ::s::

stevo
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 7:02am
I'm not gray yet, so I have no experience with doing this, but henna is a plant product and would be safer than chemical dye.  It is temporary, so you may have to redo it every couple of weeks.  Here is a page with some instructions on using it to cover gray.  They say it can be used if you are 10% gray or less.

I can give you one tip....you need to make a creamy mixture.  The amount of water they tell you to add usually makes a chalky half dry paste for me...don't try to use this, it will make a giant mess in the bathroom and not work so well...it needs to be a creamy mixture no matter how much water you have to add.  Other pages I've read say to add boiling water to the henna and let it sit for awhile before using too. 

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic