Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bonding in wefts tomorrow..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
skiba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bonding in wefts tomorrow..
    Posted: July 28 2005 at 10:44pm

so i decided to get hair extensions and went out to sally's and bought two packages of 18" jet black silky straight hair.its gorgeous soft and im realllllly excited.i'm picking up some bonding glue and the remover tomorrow morning at sally's and my mum is going to glue in the wefts for me.i cut 4 wefts tonight that are measured to my head, but i think i might go for 5 or 6 wefts...i guess we'll see if i want it any thicker once we get the first 4 wefts bonded in.

this is my first hair extension experience and i just wanted to share it (i'll tell you the results) and ask if there is anything i should realllly know before glueing in the wefts tomorrow? just things like should i wash my hair tonight, or wait? is it common for wefts too come loose and fall out in public (or worse, at work) or while sleeping?

anyone who has bonded their wefts in before, your help/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 11:14pm

the latex hair glue is only a temporary glue, it should last between 1 - 2 weeks, however you can always remove, wash and reapply.

I strongly recommend the lotion remover as opposed to the oil.  when I used the oil it took a LOT of washes to get it out. and get the big bottle.

wash your hair the morning of your install with a clarifying shampoo and do not use any conditioner.

when the bonds become loose they usually become loose at the edges, so use a little extra glue there.

now when you remove your hair,  put 1/2 the bottle over your wefts, and rub it in with your fingers.

watch tv for a 1/2 an hour.

rub it in some more, working the remover in as good as you can.

watch some more tv.

after another 1/2 hour, rub your bonds really good and they should be loose enough to pull out. be very gentle, and if its being pesky then put a little more remover in and let it sit, do NOT yank it out of your hair, this will cause damage.

After you get all the bonds out, dump the rest of the bottle on the roots of your hair and watch more tv.  There are always gummy bits that take forever to get out, dont freak out, its totally normal, it just takes some time.  like most extension methods the removal is when most damage occures, so be very gentle.

After a while all the bonds should be very gummy and loose, and no hard bits left, when this happens wet your hair and apply some conditioner, and comb the glue out.  start at the bottem and work your way up, using a big tooth comb first, and a fine tooth comb after most of the yuck is out.

after you can run a fine tooth comb through all your hair and the glue is worked out, wash and condition as usual.

Seriously though, Ive been bonding off and on for almost 7 years and there is ALWAYS those little annoying bits that are stubborn and dont want to come out, you just have to be paitent and dont rip them out.  Buy a bottle of cheap conditioner too to dump on your head if youve combed a lot of your remover out.

P.S. if your hair is black like youve suggested, get the black bonding glue.  the light glue is supposed to dry invisible, but sometimes flakes a bit giving a dandruff look.

Edited by Kalika
skiba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 11:34pm

thank you SO MUCH.

ahhh no conditioner? for my hair..thats going to be scary....are you saying no conditioner to prevent slip?

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 11:50pm
the glue will not bond as well to hair thats been conditioned.  after youve applied the wefts and they are compleatly dry, then you can apply a leave in conditioner everywhere except the scalp.  then when you wash it normally you can use conditioner everywhere but the scalp as well.  the glue needs clean hair to prevent slip.
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 5:30am
I would also like to add that Liquid Gold glue is MUCH better than the glue at Sally's. It does not smell and dries clear and lasts longer!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 5:46am
oh yes, most definitely. If you are wanting longer lasting bonds latex glue is not the way to go, Id suggest LG. But if its temporary extensions that you are after then stick with latex, cause LG is harder to remove, until the bonds start to break down on their own.
skiba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 10:42am
well i want the bond to last as long as possible...but where can i buy liquid gold glue?
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 5:41pm
PS rememebr this is her FIRST install and is beauty supply store hair
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 11:58pm
oh yeah your right Kalika....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic