Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Photos being used w/out permission

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photos being used w/out permission
    Posted: July 29 2005 at 6:13am
It's a damn shame when you see your own photos being used on ebay to promote an item for sale. (And yes, text was put over the top but the person who took them cropped out the text.)

I've yanked dozens of pics because of what Jenny went through and it really irks me to no end to see pictures I've taken to illustrate something being used for someone else's profit.

Screw you, whoever you are. I know you're reading this because you took them from this forum.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 6:15am
amm who stole your pictures.....please post the link for us to see
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 6:36am
Yes please post xx
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 5:45pm

I will cut them

Seriously though, dont be a lazy pussy and take your own damn photos.  friggin f**ktards...

I've seen some Before/After's of my bewbies before on surgery sites.  Im like HELLOOOO those are VERY much mine!  I did not (have someone else) pay $4500 to have my body parts being claimed by someone else.  I think we need to take a stick and a tube of icy hot and act out a prison scene on em.

cherrycoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 6:43pm
I'm always amazed how these places can't just take pictures of the THEIR product!  I heard that the woman who ran myindianhair had stolen pics of the women on the blackmediaboard and had added them to her "satisfied customer" page along with fake letters they had supposedly sent her praising her goods.  I am so sick of these hair sites with all the celebrity photos.  How difficult is it to take a picture of your little bundle of hair or your wig or whatever item you are selling?  No matter what business you are in online, photo theft runs rampid!  People are so lazy and lacking of creativity.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Kalika Kalika wrote:

Seriously though, dont be a lazy pussy and take your own damn photos.  friggin f**ktards...

I think we need to take a stick and a tube of icy hot and act out a prison scene on em.

No...I say wrap a bar of soap and go Full Metal Jacket!!!!!!

Edited by Gina E
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 11:41pm
Gina & Kalika, I love you! Just take it down to the bone. Dont sugar coat it.

Hmmm.   I spent some time on ebay looking for possible culprits: was it Sultryhair.com? SHe's missing all her pictures...

WHoeveryou are---stop being a loser.

Edited by Syren123
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 9:47am

Quote:  "Seriously though, dont be a lazy pussy and take your own damn photos.  friggin f**ktards..."

Got to love a woman who can speak her mind!!!  Way to go Kalika!!!

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 11:19am
Amm since you never linked us.....did they remove your photos?
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 1:07pm
This is really annoying to read!! I have been color testing/
experimenting and gathered many photos over the last 60 days
or so. Now this makes me not want to post my results as I am
damn sure people are stealing the Indian hair pics that are
posted on this site. I don't have a program to watermark the
photos so will hold off till I can get this done I guess.

I would never buy from someone who stole someone else's
pics as they obviously don't have much faith in the product they
are selling themselves. Amm, I sure hope you post the link to
the person who stole the pics so we can all know who NOT to
buy from.

leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 2:05pm
Hi ladies,

I have Photoshop and will gladly watermark for those of you who don't have a program for it.  Picture theiving is terrible and so lame!

Oh, and I'd never want to get on the wrong side of Kalika.  =)
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 3:42pm
How sweet, Leia!

Speaking of ebay, my son just played me what is now my new favorite song: "eBay" by Weird Al Yankovic. It's to the tune of "I Want It That Way" by the Backstreet Boys (no comments necessary....) and it is hilarious. It's probably old and you all have heard it already, but I'm just onto it now and laughing my a** off.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 1:33am
The picture is now gone. She never responded to my emails either.

After punching in "Indian hair" on ebay the other day, I found
ANOTHER picture I took and posted here of the RK hair and it was
being used to sell colored Indian hair off ebay. I guess that wasn't so
bad because at least it was the same brand of hair and the same
color. The photo was cropped down to just a little square of its
former self. Still, WTF? I don't see that seller now either but I know
she is lurking here, too, because this is the only place I posted the
photo. She was from NC and was using Beyonce's photo to represent
colored RK hair in case you see her again.

What gets me was when I emailed this one about it, she said she
took the picture herself with her digital camera. I mean, who would
even want to buy something from someone who can't even be
straight about something as insignificant as this, for puck's sake.

&$#@ losers.

I love posting photos of the hair I have and the things I do with it.
It's just time to splatter them with writing so people can't use them to
misrepresent stuff they're selling. That takes time, though. Time I
don't have to begin with.

I see Jenny's avatar is still being used by that mouth-breather from
MI.
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 12:09pm
Leia~ Yeah, very sweet of you!! Thanks for offering but I have
sooo many pics, I certainly wouldn't load them all on you. My
hubby said he will get a program and install it soon. I will get
them up when I can....thanks again for offering.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

The picture is now gone. She never responded to my emails either.

After punching in "Indian hair" on ebay the other day, I found
ANOTHER picture I took and posted here of the RK hair and it was
being used to sell colored Indian hair off ebay. I guess that wasn't so
bad because at least it was the same brand of hair and the same
color. The photo was cropped down to just a little square of its
former self. Still, WTF? I don't see that seller now either but I know
she is lurking here, too, because this is the only place I posted the
photo. She was from NC and was using Beyonce's photo to represent
colored RK hair in case you see her again.

This must be the picture thief:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Remy-Remi-Indian-Cuticle-Hair-Straight-H and-Tied-1-lb_W0QQitemZ6786515638QQcategoryZ60188QQcmdZViewI tem
She's cropped amm's pictures down small to use as color swatches. If you read the copy in her auctions, some of it smacks of stuff written here in various threads...descriptions and adjectives we like to use alot..maybe I'm paranoid, but it sounded awfully familiar.

And her name is Diva Style? Didn't we have quite a bit of trouble with a Diva a while back?

I should stop stirring the pot, but it just frosts me no end.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 10:36pm
Someone asked about this hair supplier recently too,I remembered seeing those pictures and name from the link they posted.I remember the prices were listed real weird too, like $40 for one batch,and then $200 for another? Sounds pretty sketchy.I hope people arent getting ripped off.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 11:11pm
Syren, yeah that's the second one who took the photo and then cropped it down. It's just showing the color so it's not like a complete misrepresentation of the hair like the first person did. But it just goes to show that people are lifting our photos here.

So I guess since Beyonce is in her ad, she's wearing colored RK hair, hmm? Maybe Diva would like to speak up and tell us what color of RK hair that is because it certainly doesn't look like anything on my color ring.
dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 8:33am
  That is that dam* SWTCANDY!!! I have been checking this chica out!!! I have noticed her stlye and she often uses the same pics and descriptions. It amazing. She has several ebay stores and user IDs. I wrote them down and I will post them later. I don't know why the ladies at BHM won't sue her as*. Her information is easily accessible. I am so glad I didn't order from that witch!! I knew something was up with her because she never wanted to share information on her vendors. And she had the audasity to call everyone else a troll!!!! UGH!!!
DUTCH
remilover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote remilover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 9:21am

I saw some photos of SWT from a thread over on BHM, the cheeky bytch is going on expensive cruises etc,  you should see the state of her fat arse lol, considering she sells hair she looked a complete mess from tip to toe, For her to have pictures of her expensive holiday knowing she has conned people, I read some of her posts and she was playing the christian card, I hate people like her.  If you want to see the fat troll smirking for the camera, let me know and I'll find the link, I was pissing myself on the floor laughing at her.  Her and her freinds to add insult to injury are all wearing T-shirts saying: MY INDIAN HAIR .COM.   - that woman has got more neck than a girraffe

dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 10:03am
I know I can't believe it. That is why I can't believe that the girls over at BHM have not joined together to do something about her. Maybe they need my help. I might start a thread about that. I am sure that would relieve some people. I know they are so pissed off!!
DUTCH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic