Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP Corioliss Flat Iron

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jamierenae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamierenae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP Corioliss Flat Iron
    Posted: August 04 2005 at 6:54am

I just bought the pink coriliss in the mall for 149 $ i wanted to get the true ceramic pro but it was out of order. The lady in the mall convinced me this is as good and WONT damage my hair.

Well I used it 3 times, always waiting 3 days inbetween washing and straightening my hair with the flat iron. After only 3 times using it my hair SEEMS BONE dry. Is that normal? Any one else used it before?

Anyone got the True ceramic pro? is it better?

I mean dont get me wrong. it totally straightens my hair the corioliss and even when its real humid and i was sweating bad sunday(we live in florida) my hair didnt even frizz or start to curl BUT the major concern is my really dry hair now? What can I use to make my hair better again? should i not use the iron again. I am so frustrated and worried that i just threw out 149 bucks for nothing. Again it gets the hair straight and it stays like that BUT i am so worried about my hair being so dry?! What happens if i keep using it and my hair is so dry will my hair fall out?

Thanks Manuela

Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 11:24am

The reason why your hair is so dry is from the heat of the flat iron. What you need to do is use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and then use a heat-protection spray before you use the flat iron. Any flat iron or blow dryer will dry out your hair.

DANGER! I drive like you do.
jamierenae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamierenae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 11:46am
BUT the thing is the saleswoman told me
specifically NOT to use ANY product before i use the
straigh iron! It was supposed to LOCK in my natural
moisture of the hair and NON damaging since it was
a new ceramic/ion formula . it was supposed to be
as good as the trueceramic pro iron that also wasnt
supposed to damage your hair!
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 1:12am
a lot of the ionic irons say that they lock in the natural moisture of the hair. ive tried alot, and i can truly say that none of them do. the high heat settings that are needed  to get the hair straight sap moisture from the hair. add a heat protection spray before you flat iron, and add a deep moisture mask once a week. remember that you are trusting some sales person's sales pitch. everything works wonderfully when they are explaining it to you. advertising is a nasty little thing. 
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
bentonace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bentonace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 1:22pm
Hey, I got the chi flat iron and it works great!  You only have to go over each piece of hair once.  It does make your hair steam when you go over it so don't freak out and think you're burning you hair.
"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're gonna feel all day." -Frank Sinatra
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 8:08pm
I have the black Corioliss flat irons that I bought from the mall about 4 months ago and now there is a shortage in the cord. I tried taking them back but they always say come back on the weekend or come back on Monady andkeep saying different thigns everytime I go back so I'm fed up--there's no return address or even any use for the warranty b/c they don't seem to want to replace them. AND THEY MAKE MY HAIR DRY. So I bought the Maxiglides and they work wonders. My hair is moist b/c of the steam burst system and it's pin straight due to the detangling pins that no other flat iron has. I should've bought these in the 1st place but the lady at the corioliss kiosk convinced me that her's were beeter b/c they were ceramic plated although the maxiglide are too. Anyways, I'm going to take the one back to the mall and if they don't give me my money back or exchange them this time I'm going to curse them out until they do and then I'm going to sell them on eBay. I spent $90on them and the maxiglides were like $85 w/ shipping.

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
Brightblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brightblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2005 at 10:23am

i bought a corioliss digital limited edition about 6 weeks ago, im only 16 so a 100 bucks is a lot of money for me to spend on a straightner it works really well it doesnt dry my hair out or anything but the other morning i woke up and was doing my usual routine brush my teeth blow dry my hair and then i went to straighten it and it would turn on, the cord was damaged and i have no idea what im going to do because the warranty i practically useless they keep giving me a runaround about it, and not to mention my hair looks like crap because i dont have my straightener! Does anyone know a reasonably priced good straightener?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2005 at 2:20pm
...That's why I suggest that no one purchase the Corioliss flat irons--the cords are cheap and there's no use for the warranty. I even e-mailed the company last month and still no response.

My hair idol
Transitioning
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 11:18pm

The sales woman at the mall is full of S---!. That is just a selling point to get people to buy the iron. I don't care what kind of iron you use, when you are using heat on your hair, is all about the products you put in it. I have what I have found to be the best iron which is a Sedu, and I still have to use product to keep my hair healthy. If you want a good hair regimen check out my post on the straight talk forum under "the fight against humidity". You will find the products that I use on my hair. They work! and they keep my hair shiny and healthy. Coriloliss are famous for shorting out. Just a word of advice- if you are going to spend $150 on anything-don't get it from a mall kiosk. You want to get it from a reputable store or website. That way if you have any problems with the product, they will have no problem refunding your money or replacing the product. If you are looking for a good iron go to folica.com and get a Sedu or Solia. You won't be sorry, and you will be amazed at the difference.

little girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 6:54pm

Hi,

Try Hai Ceramic flat iron with the blue plate if your hair is coarse

and the red plate if your hair is fine. I have had mine for two years

and it is great.  It takes me 20 min leave my hair smooth and straight

cost 110 to 120, but worth the money. I bought mine in a beauty supply store, try ther high end stores for the better brands,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 10:05pm
 I finally got a refund the other day after I almost cursed the lady out. Then she tried to make me upgrade to the digital Corioliss iron for $99 more. I was like hell no...then when I was leaving she tried to get me to buy the carrying case for $20 and roostered an attitude after I said no thanks. Whatever, I have no use for it so I sold it on eBay...didn' get as much money as I paid for it, but it's better than nothing since I purchased a Maxiglide in August.

My hair idol
Transitioning
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 3:51pm
You go girl! I'm glad you got your money back.
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2005 at 4:10pm
I have tried a lot of flat irons, very expensive. I bought the Chi and have also tried several other ones and they burnt my hair. i was so angry at one point that i went back to the salon and told the guy off. and demanded that he take it back and give me a full refund which he wasnt suppose to do but did. Then i tried this flat iron that my cousin got from the states. it was rather cheap and i have long thick tight curls. any sign of mosture or humidity my hair curled. but when i tried the REMINGTON WET TO STRAIGHT  it worked wonders. it didnt burn my hair it has a digital heat setting, non stick ceramic plates and my hair doesnt frizz or curl. I also use a hair cream before i use it and my hair is shiny and never dry.
kellil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 2:18pm
I love my chi!  I also bought one of the coroliss ones at the mall!  Took it home tried it on my hair and HATED it!  I have coarse, curly thick hair.  It was not hot enough or worked as well as my chi.  But I agree, the chi does damage my hair even more.
complete 5/05! My baby is home!
tommygrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommygrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 2:05am
I LUV THE HAI BLUE PLATED ONE AND THE CHI HAVE BOTH OF THEM AND THEY WORK WONDERS! A GOOD ONE IS ALSO CALLED THE CROC THAT GOES UP TO 420 DEGREES AND IT DOES WONDERS. BOUGHT THE ONE FROM THE MALL BUT IT SUCKED DIDN'T EVEN DO THE JOB PROPER. BUT TRY ANY OF THE FIRST MENTIONED ONES AND ULL LOVE IT.. OH YEAH NEVER EVER BUY THE T3 WET TO DRY HAIR IRON THEY SUCK AND DAMAGE UR HAIR COMPLETELY!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic