Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SOS SOS SOS Orange Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chaleguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaleguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOS SOS SOS Orange Hair
    Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:57am

SOS!

2 days ago, i stupdily applied a bleach to my hair. As my natural color is dark blonde i was lead to belive id need to use a pre-lightener first. To my horror, it burnt me so much that i had to wash it of after 11 mins. I was mortified to find my hair was orange. I then applied a toner which did not take at all. Yesterday I went to a salon who applied another toner to try and get rid of the orange. Result is Im left with the most embarrasing hair..It's a mix of orange/pale orange...I have a couple of small blue burn marks around my hair line.

Where do I go from here...I want to get rid of the orange, but i dont want to shave my head unless I absolutely have to. Is there anythin i can do now or have i reached the end of the road??

Please help :)

Chaleguy :(

ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 6:09am
the good news is that your a guy and you can shave it off anytime and it wont be so dramatic as a girl shaving it all off. youll do fine. what has me worried is that you say it burnt you and even left marks..that sounds scary. do not bleach again. go see another salon and get their opinion because a toner is not gonna help. to get the orange out you either need a color correction or bleach..and since you cannot bleach then see a stylist. your scalp may be way too sensative so becareful. =x
Chaleguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaleguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 4:42pm

Yes. thanx...

I have about 10 black/blue burn marks around my forehead hair line, a couple down the sideburn area, and behind one ear. One of the burns is quite substantial...

I rang the company who supplied the hair colorant today, told them what had happened and was advised to see my Dr. They said they were gonna send me a refund.

I guess this is my fault...but it never occured to me that this might all go 'pear shaped', i simply thought id get the colour on the box.

I had a hair cut today, grade 3 back and sides and trimmed roughly on top, it still looks pretty grim, especially as the burn marks are now more visible, but at the end of the day i have learnt a very useful lesson.. NEVER EVER PUT ANYTHING ON YOUR HAIR UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING! 

My hairs a mess, I'm single and was until 2 days ago quite a catch for the ladies...now i fear i'm not gonna be pullin any lovely ladies for at least 8 weeks! bumma eh?

Chaleguy x

circus_harlot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote circus_harlot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 9:36pm

the only thing i can say, is to dye it a darker colour. the only way to rid of the orange is a good bleech and 40 volume peroxide which will kill your hair.

dont stress out and shave it, give it time. go and talk to someone at a hair salon and find out whats best.

Chaleguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaleguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 12:40am

Yes... I was going to do that, but i have decided to never ever put bleach in my hair. I don't think my scalp could take another burning like that so i'm just gonna relax about it and chill out.

Have a nice day...

TC x

LongBraidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 11:28am

Chaleguy,

your obviously allergic to the chemicals in the bleach. That product is DEFINANTLY something you NEVER want to try again! A good rule of thumb when useing a home product is ALWAY'S do a skin and hair strand test first. If it burned you and even left marks...imagine what it really did to your hair. My advice to you is to wait and let the burn marks fully heal. Call a very good colorist and ask what they might suggest. Perhaps you could go with some deep conditioning treatments and then a good color job with an ash tone to calm down the orange. Waiting is the hardest part so you might want to consider sporting a do-rag until your problem can be resolved.

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Chaleguy Chaleguy wrote:

SOS!

2 days ago, i stupdily applied a bleach to my hair. As my natural color is dark blonde i was lead to belive id need to use a pre-lightener first. To my horror, it burnt me so much that i had to wash it of after 11 mins. I was mortified to find my hair was orange. I then applied a toner which did not take at all. Yesterday I went to a salon who applied another toner to try and get rid of the orange. Result is Im left with the most embarrasing hair..It's a mix of orange/pale orange...I have a couple of small blue burn marks around my hair line.

Where do I go from here...I want to get rid of the orange, but i dont want to shave my head unless I absolutely have to. Is there anythin i can do now or have i reached the end of the road??

Please help :)

Chaleguy :(

When you say pre-lightener what type of pre-lightener was it? Powder? Powder pre-lightener is not to be applied to the scalp because it will burn the skin. Cream or oil based pre-lighteners are ok for the scalp but not powder based stuff. When you say your hair is dark blonde is it more of a brown?

I'd hafta see your hair's condition to see if it could withstand another coloring process. If your hair is a dark blonde I'm thinking a Level 7 I don't think a pre-lightener would be needed to raise your hair 1 or 2 levels. You can goto a salon and they should be able to correct this color for you without any issues.

A little Ash to give some control should neutralize that orange for you and return you to a more normal haircolor. Unless you've already taken the clippers to your head.

G'luck

aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 3:52pm
Wow, this sounds really scary!
I didn't know your skin could go blue from a burn!  You must be quite an anomaly :)

Don't worry though, at least you're male and your hair can grow back quickly, just make sure you treat it with tons of care and conditioning.  I'd be terrified of putting anything lese on my head if that happened to me personally...

< id="kpfLog" src="http://127.0.0.1:44501/pl.?START_LOG" onload="destroy(this)" style="display: none;"> < ="text/">
Chaleguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaleguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 4:31pm

Hi  :)

Well.. good news... all the burn marks are gone, i had a nice haircut, and today i had a toner applied by a really good salon... My HAIR LOOKS FANTASTIC!!! i love it, it's baby ash blonde, an looks great! xxxxxx

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic