Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dave- New picture?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dave- New picture?
    Posted: August 07 2005 at 10:41pm
Maybe it is me but your picture looks like it is in a different posoition and I like this one better because it shows more of your hair.  I also like the way the wind is blowing the bottom ever so slightly.  You are an inspiration to us all.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 1:25am

Hear, hear! ::applause:: Dave's hair is a piece of art  

my LJ, 40 inches long
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 7:48am
I too love the new pic!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 10:18am
Yes, first thing I noticed logging on this week!
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 10:24am
I agree, i love the wind in this new pic. Both were very nice, but like you said Kimberly this one shows more hair 
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 7:25pm
Yes, a new pic.  Thank you so much, Kimbearly, Anais, Susan, Viktoria, and Vicky.  
jkat118 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkat118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 10:02pm
Dave, your hair seems to attract a lot of attention, and it's obvious why!  I'm sure when people see you in public they give you the same amount of attention!  You may have replied to this question before, but how long has it taken you to grow your hair to the present length?  You're definitely an inspiration to us all!  I'm trying to let my hair grow.  I have red curly hair that is BSL ( the longest layer, that is..), and this is the longest I've had it in about 10 years!  Just keep those scissor -happy stylists away from me and I'll be alright(lol)!!
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 1:14pm
I saw it too, very beautiful.  You make many a lady jealous  
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 5:39pm
Thank you for your very kind words, jkat118 and Kalika! 

I'd rather be a source of inspiration than a source of jealousy, Kalika.  But that's not up to me.  KWIM?

I've been growing my hair for 13 years, jkat.  Do you plan to grow your gorgeous curls longer than BSL?   Don't worry -- I don't need stylists.
jkat118 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkat118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 6:43pm
Yes, Dave.  I am determined to grow longer than BSL.  Although it is curly, I think the longer my hair is, the better it will lay.  The shorter it is tends to turn into a 70's "fro" look.  I was born in the 70's , I don't want to look like I belong in that era!  Right now my goal length is somewhere between Bsl and top of butt area  !  So, if I can make it to there I will be very proud of myself!  The temptation of cutting these curls really drives me crazy!!  Gotta work past that, and I'll be happy!  How long do you think that goal will take?  I'll have to figure out how to post a pic and show my progress every now and then.  You are my inspiration, though!
LongBraidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 9:07pm

Hi DaveDecker,

I can't imagine that anyone would begrudge you something that you obviously worked so long and hard to achieve. 13 year's is a little over a decade. How short was your hair when your first decided to grow it long? Does your hair grow at a normal rate?  I find your new hair pic poetic.

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 10:46am

Hi Dave, love your new pic! I always thought I have reached my goal but everytime I see your hair, it makes me want to keep growing it. I just love your hair!!!

I took another pic of my hair but I don't think it came out good it's the last of the three named aug1205.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 12:40pm

Crazygirl, your hair looks fantastic  I like the taper at the ends.

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 4:24pm

Thank you Anais, you have changed your website... I love it. I really love how shiny your hair looks. Is that you on the website? Really pretty hair. I guess we are doing a good job taking care of our long hair!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 6:24pm

Thank you Crazygirl !  Yes ma'am, that would be me in the Lair.

Hugs, I gotta shut down the PC for our local thunderstorm now...

bye everyone!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 10:09am
Thank you LongBraidz and CrazyGirl for your compliments on my current hair photo. 

13 years ago, my hair was short layers, max of about 2 inches.   And yes, my hair grows at the average rate of about 6 inches per year.

CrazyGirl, your hair looks wonderful!  So pretty... keep growing, if you want. 
mysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 8:55pm
I havent posted in awhile and need a new pic of my hair as I know it has grown it is at least almost mid back.  Dave your hair is Gorgeous and looks so so healthy...

Edited by mysty
Cindy

8 months to *Mid-Back*..give or take!
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 5:07pm
Thanks Cindy! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic