Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

natural curly fine hair - perm?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jupiter7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jupiter7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: natural curly fine hair - perm?
    Posted: August 18 2005 at 3:31pm
Hi, I'm not sure if I should post here or fine hair forum, but I'll try this one first. A month or so I went in to get a perm. She layered up my hair and told me that I had natural curly hair and she didn't want to perm it because natural curly hair is usually so dry anyway. I also have very fine hair. She used a diffuser and scrunched for about 15-20 minutes and when she was done, it was pretty curly. Not tight curls, bigger relaxed ones. But....I don't have the time a patience to do that, so now my hair is kinda wavy, a wisp here & there, and kinda frizzy. I want my hair to be curly...so, should I go ahead and get the perm or heed her warnings for the dry hair thing. If I should get the perm, what kind should I get so as to not dry out my hair further. If I should not get a perm, what products should I use to make my hair curly without having to do too much work, because I pretty much get out of the shower, towel dry, put product in, scrunch & go. Right now, I am using curls rock. Thanks for the help. Dee
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic