Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best quality human hair wefts??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lucky chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best quality human hair wefts??
    Posted: August 21 2005 at 11:14am

Hey fellow hair addicts!

I have happily switched to synthetic but my friend wants to know what the best wefted human hair is.  I used Glamour hair for a long time but is there something in the same price range that is better?

Thanks!

~lucky

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 6:15pm

I like Bohyme brand.  You can buy it at either www.ebonyline.com or www.superhairfactory.com

I am also a synth convert!  I doubt I'll ever go back to human hair!

femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 7:44pm

what's the difference?  a lot of people i've been acquainted with have had a myriad of problems with synthetics..depending on how much they pay for it...since they went the cheap route, i would imagine them having incidents..here are a few:

One young lady that used to work in a booth in our Shipping dept. came running to me totally embarrassed..she found out after about a month the guys had been laughing at her "blue/green" hair..apparently, she was using extensions in her corn rows..synthetic, and when it showed up in the backlighting, her hair was brown but the kanekalon showed up bluish/green.

Another young lady who had extension wefts had the her hair braided in with a cheap brand of synthetic, which pretty much cut into her own hair..and caused breakage..that was me..

someone else went the cheap route, and had problems with matting and tangling..

and last but not least, me, having sensitive skin had an allergic reaction..mild, but annoying..my synthetic hair was dyed light auburn..it was hard, and when it would sweep against my face caused a mild rash..could have been the shampoo - but i had been using that years before...

I'm very sure through my experience that it depends on the quality of any hair that a person buys..does the synthetic last longer?

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 8:28pm
Dyed? How did you dye synth?

I've also never heard of brown hair reflecting blue-green.

Though yeah cheap synthetic- just like cheap human- will matt and tangle. Kanekalon silky braid, like you get form the beauty supply store, is not really suitable for extensions.

-Rae

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 12:06pm

Thanks for the rec, metalgirl!  I agree, I think I'll stick w/ synthetic.  So much lighter in weight!

~lucky

delin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 2:49pm
I wore synthetic for several installs and loved some things about it...but when I installed Bohyme for the last install I couldn't believe the difference.   People who are close to me even commented that the hair I'm wearing now is much better..."the other stuff didn't look like it came out of your head".  And yes, it does take on a different cast in different lighting than HH. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 1:37am
I've been wearing human hair for a coupla years but I am really liking how the synth looks.  It looks better to me but I am not worried about it looking like synth.   I saw www.boogiemama.com and she did a fabulous job!
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 12:14pm
thats weird i have blonde synth in and it doesnt pick up any weird colors... and i actually like my synth a lot better than the human hair i installed although i can understand people having different opinions on that because we all like different things.  i like to be able to curl my hair and have it stayed curled for a long time like the synth does. also people really cant tell the diffence between my real hair and my synthetic hair even after i tell them.  theyll look at me and say 'oh you have such pretty hair' and i usually say 'thanks its fake' and they go 'oh yah the pink parts right?' and i go 'nope all of it' and their like really?????????? and then comes on the questions about how long my real hair is and blah blah blah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 9:38am
I agree, good quality synth is easier to take care of and looks more real.  I am hooked.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic