Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My first afro hair install

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My first afro hair install
    Posted: August 23 2005 at 9:10am

Had to share this one with you guys, this was my first experience with installing extensions in afro hair and I loved it, it was soooo easy to section, no baby hair to deal with getting in the way he he.

Anyway after 9 hours work and 8 ounces of bohyme black diamond yaki perm colour 1 and 4 ounces of bohyme silky straight colour 1 on the underneath these are the results, yes a whopping 12 ounces of hair in here!!! he he

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 9:23am
woohoo thats a really good install, looks fabulous!
parfum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parfum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 9:45am
was her hair very thin? 12 ounces is alot of hair. it looks gorgeous and very natural

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 10:03am

Thanks chicks.

No, her hair was very very thick that's why I had to use so much xx

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
girlnextdoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girlnextdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 10:09am
thats nice!
Samantha~Jane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samantha~Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 11:18am

That looks great! What did you use on afro hair, micro links?

My friend who has that hair type wants extensions but i heard afro hair can be weak.... ???

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 11:23am
Looks awesome!!!  You do such great work!!!!
Aeone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 12:46pm

Oh ...My ....God

That is one *GORGEOUS* install!!!!!!~!!  

You might want to watermark those, I can already see someone trying to pass it off as their own work , or even worse ...ebay!  lol :D

Edited by Aeone
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 2:35pm
wow. amanda that luks really good, shes pretty
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 4:25pm
Great job girl That is a lot of hair ! I had a cliant for many tears who wore 4 bags in her head. Wait till you have to take down and install. We did it in two days.
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 5:00pm
what a beautiful girl. She's gorgeous before and after. Blending is flawless! Great job.
K-B
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 10:25pm
Amanda, is there a reason you used both silky and yaky hair?  Does that make it more manageable?

It looks good and very thick.  And that young lady has a great smile.  =)
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 10:46pm
Great Install Amanda....!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 4:26am

Samantha, her hair was very strong and we used shrinkies xx

Leia - the reason I used Yaki and silky straight is because I ordered the yaki from ebonyline from the USA and only ordered two packs.  I ran out as I hadn't ordered enough so I moved some of the yaki rows up and put the colour 1 silky straight underneath from the UK LOL xx

thanks guys xx

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 6:09am

oh I like a lot!

I have never done extensions on someone with kinky hair, do you think the texture/thickness made it more of a challenge compared to caucasian hair?

sansconformist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansconformist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 7:19am
Gawd, she's gorgeous, Amanda. I wonder how the weight adjustment to having that  much extra hair is? (I figured you had just put silky underneath to help with tangling? lol what do I know.) Awesome job, though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 8:18am
Kalika - god yes, I kept thinking, oh my god, I'm never going to be able to do this, how the hell am I going to cover her hair, but because her hair was so thick we were able to work right up to the parting.xxx
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 8:49am

well you did an awsome job!

(PS I want her cheekbones)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 9:15am
Yes me too he he xx
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 9:39am
two thumbs up!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic