Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wand Alternatives?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wand Alternatives?
    Posted: August 29 2005 at 1:51pm

Ok for those of us that dont do extensions for a living and thusly cant justify the expense of a wand (plus I just got a new job and have to pay off bills FIRST before indulging my hair addiction  LOL) what can be used in lieu of a wand to put shrinkies in? what about a curling iron? or a flat iron? i saw some flat irons that are just 5/8" wide, would those work?

~Jenn~

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 2:12pm

How much does that 5/8 flat iron cost?

imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 2:19pm

I saw one by Hot Tools for $26.

~Jenn~

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 4:19pm

most of the less expensive flatirons dont get hot enough to shrink the shrinkies properly. Check wimex beauty...for 34 bucks you can buy a heat wand and it works perfectly.

http://salon.wimexbeauty.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=C TGY&Category_Code=7705

Edited by sherrie215
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 5:01pm
I bought the Wimex wand, and with shipping it was $40.  It works great, I'd highly recommend it.
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 8:18am

I'll have to remember that. This paycheck, I'll be using most of to put down a security deposit and first months rent on a place. So hopefully soon I'll be able to order hair stuff again!

I'm reallllllllllly excited, its the first place IVe gotten on my own since being seperated from my hubby, I feel like such an independant woman now hehe

~Jenn~

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic