Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quest. for Sherrie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JenniferL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenniferL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quest. for Sherrie
    Posted: August 30 2005 at 9:29pm
Hi Sherrie...what method of extensions do u have in? tube/shrinkies/glue? And where do u buy all ur supplies and hair at? Im looking for Bohyme pre-tipped hair for shrinkies...any ideas where online? or what brand do u use? Thanks!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 11:46pm

Hi Jennifer. Right now I have glued in wefts with shrinkies attached to the wefts. This was my first time doing this kind of install and  the method is actually working well. I switch back & forth between several methods. I do shrinkies, fusion and glued wefts.

My shrinkies I buy from www.shrinkies.net  they work very well. I rarely ever lose a shrinkie. Some of the other ones are more inconsistant. I buy my liquid gold glue from www.haircandy.net super to deal with also.

Right now Im wearing WaWa thermal fiber hair and its really great for the convienience of not having to style on a daily basis. My daily hair routine is a breeze with this hair. My only complaint is the feel of it..its just not soft and silky like human hair. But, this is a whole new ballgame, Ive never worn synthetic before this install, and Im sure there is a secret to making this hair feel softer...I just havent found the formula yet! And will continue my mission to find it!

As for human hair...ughh thats something were all still on a mission for finding the better quality hair at a reasonable price. I have used some really good pretipped hair from a Korean supplier for several years, which is no longer available to me. But...there may be a new supplier of some good quality pretipped that will be available soon...still in the trial stages and I dont want to say too much on that one yet.

As for Boyhme. Thats probably one of the better choices available at a reasonable price. Ive always heard good reviews of Bohyme, never used it before, but just purchased some so I can give my own review of it here soon. The pretipped Bohyme is very expensive but if you dont mind pretipping it yourself you can buy it fairly reasonable at www.ebonyline.com  Most people pretip their own becuase the quality of the pretipps that you can buy arent too good. Also alot of people really like www.extensions-plus.com for their pretipped and weft hair, although Ive never used it.

Edited by sherrie215
JenniferL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenniferL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 9:31pm

hi Sherrie! thanks for the reply! Im thinking about trying out shrinkies for the first time...right now Im wearing fusions with bohyme in and i've found that nothing Ive ever tried could compare to this hair.

The fusions actually stayed on really good but i was just wondering how long the shrinkies might last before they start to fall out, or do they? cuz w/ fusions, it doesn't come off until you really crunch it w/ pure acetone.

Ohh and what do you mean by wefts with shrinkies on it? Aren't wefts the ones you sew onto weave braids? and shrinkies are strand by strand? i don't get it? lol

Speaking of ebonyline.com, I just bought couple packs of these new Bohyme Pretipped hair ( theyre expensive: $90 for a pack of 18in) cuz I don't know how to pretipp my own hair. =( well they have I-tipped and u-tipped but i assume the I-tip would be appropriate for shrinkies right? do u know of any good Demo's online for doing shrinkies? now are suppose to stick the i-tip hair into the shrinkie w/a piece of ur hair in there and heat it up? will the glue on the tip of hair melt too? cuz if the tip melts , its not reuseable? sorry im askin a bunch of dumb questions... =)

JenniferL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenniferL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 9:36pm
Oh by the way, i saw standard size shrinkies and extended length shrinkies on shrinkies.net   which is better?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 9:52pm

I just got my Boyhme today. It seems like really nice hair. But damn Im so fond of the feel of the Korean hair that I CANT get my hands on anymore...Grrrr! But I do like the Bohyme and it does seem like very good hair, cant wait to try it out!

I used the wefts (yes they can also be used for sewn in weaves) and glued them in with liquid gold glue. I used Wawa which does not have a great color selection. My hair is about a #22 with lots of #613 highlights. The wawa only comes in #613 (very platinum)....the next shade is a #27 (very dark). So I blended some of the bulk 613 and 27 to create my own color blend for shrinkies. I really wanted to do bonded wefts this install so I got the idea to shrinkie on the blended strands to add lots of lowlights to the too platinum wefts and came out with the perfect blend.

Shrinkies should last about the same amount of time as fusion, and simple for a beginner to do. I little help with the back is always a plus!But Ive never had that luxury of having help!

Pretipping your own is not hard at all, just tedious and time consuming. If you look in the extensions 101 thread or the Bridget thread there are some links, demos and info. And if you do a search there are TONS of threads on pretipping. And if you use the right pretipping glues...the tips will stay intact upon removal. The preferred glue for pretipping varies among a few differnt glues, but if you do a search youll find what everyones preferences and experiences are with the different pretipping experiments and results!

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 9:58pm
I like both the standard and the extended length. I use the standard length in my upper rows & hairline areas or in areas that need to be smaller and more invisible.....Im not really sure what the advantage of the extended length is...Amm might be able to better answer that question.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic