Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jenny_RR (synth.hair)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aimee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jenny_RR (synth.hair)
    Posted: August 31 2005 at 6:00am

hi jenny i saw pics of your hair in this topic and i love it its absolutely gorgeous

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31227 &KW=great+lenghts

i have light blonde hair and would love to have extensions like this i read its plastikhaar now my questions are

is the synth. hair easy to maintain?

does it tangle easily?

how does it look in different lights? (at a club)

do they feel like natural hair?

is synth. hair an option if my natural hair is thin with split ends from bleaching?

how long can you keep them is it 3 mt. like human hair?

how much did you pay?

i would be very happy if you could answer this questions (im from switzerland and members here told me about plastikhaar in zürich)

thank you very much

rachelrolen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelrolen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 9:27am

I have never gotten PH before but since my b-day is coming up and he's already asking what I want it's time to start dropping hints...however here's the website

http://www.plastikhaar.com/shop/

seem pretty affordable...and from what I've read on this board majority says they like....but I'd say wait for thier replys

I just read over the thread and I don't have any opinon about GL but I thought it was funny when she brought up Paris Hilton...I just saw some movie this weekend and right now I'm so darn tired I can't remeber the name but it was one of those horrible cliche horror movies that she was in so it's recent.....but in the begining you see the back of her head and it's ssssooooo painfully obvious....man if I had the money she did sure wouldn't look like that...

I think hubby is getting tired of me pointing it out..probably because he doesn't want me to ask him to help next time...hehehe...

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 10:35am
Hi Aimee! I *luv* PlastikHaar, and am happy to answer any questions about it:

is the synth. hair easy to maintain?
For me, yes--it's very easy. I don't wash it very often, and when I do, I let it air-dry. I have the 50mm, which is a loose wave (after washing is more like a very loose wave or straight with body). I only blow-dry my roots (the real hair), not the actual PlastikHaar, and I don't even need to steam it out. Occasionally, I use flocked hot rollers to create even more curl, but that's about it.

does it tangle easily?
No. But it is a bit tangly when its first installed and becomes less so with washing. I detangle a few times a day with a wide-tooth comb and sometimes Dome Care spray.

how does it look in different lights? (at a club)
Well, I don't have the UV hair, so I think it looks about the same as human.

do they feel like natural hair?
Not exactly. It does feel soft for synth, but most synth is coarser than human, imo. When it's wet it's like straw (all synth is), but when it's dry, it feels OK to me.

is synth. hair an option if my natural hair is thin with split ends from bleaching?
I don't see why not. I wouldn't use a fusion method, though, regarless of the type of hair you're using. But there are certain things you should keep in mind. Most important, be *very* careful when bleaching your roots with any extensions in. I recently fried the hell out of my hair because  the bleach got trapped in the pinchbraids. So be careful.

how long can you keep them is it 3 mt. like human hair?
Yeah, it's really the same. If the synth becomes ratty at any point, you can steam it out or blow-dry it out (carefully). I usually go about 2 months, but that's because the connections become visible (nothing to do with the hair itself though).

how much did you pay?
I paid $13 a bag for the hair and use 3 to 4 bags per install. The installation costs me $350 for abot 3/4 head of pinchbraids.

For the record, I think you should definitely go to Sara at PlastikHaar--she's awesome!

xoxoxox
aimee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 2:07pm
thanks for the answers jenny the hair is absolutely gorgeous i really think about getting plastikhaar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic