Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shampoozled

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shampoozled
    Posted: September 07 2005 at 6:37pm
For the second week in a row, I've seen this ad from Unilever with this copy: 

For years, you've been told that squeaky-clean hair is a good thing.  The whole while unknowingly stripping your hair of its natural oils and damaging the cuticles that protect it.  And then relying on conditioners to try and repair the damage many shampoos caused by overcleaning your hair in the first place.  This is a bad kind of clean.  The lather has been pulled over your eyes.  EVERYTHING YOU'VE BEEN TOLD ABOUT CLEANING YOUR HAIR IS WRONG.  YOU'VE BEEN SHAMPOOZLED.

Then the ad directs the reader to a website: shampoozled.com.  You need flash to view the video.  I don't know how good of an advertising tool this is, because it's not clear to me that Unilever has a product out right now to "combat" overshampooing.

But, what is most interesting to me is this overshampooing is a problem that members of this board are well aware and have solutions for--like not washing so much and using the conditioner wash and also appying oils.  I'm not advocating a particular product here, I'm just mentioning this because the thinking evident on the boards here is becoming mainstream. 
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 7:08pm
Thanks for bringing this up. We'll just have to wait and see what they do.

A lot of the product companies are starting to get into other lines.

I think the fact that there are now websites like Amazon and Epinions where people can leave reviews is forcing a lot of these companies to start thinking outside the box.

Look at Fructis with the Long and Strong formulas, and then Dove saying they think everyone is beautiful.

I like to think that Karen starting Hairboutique is a big part of what is right with hair care. It's giving people a place to come and say what they really think of products and the industry. The industry has no choice but to change or die off. It can't be business as usual anymore.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic