Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Highlighting with Store Bought Hair Dye?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ggggg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggggg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highlighting with Store Bought Hair Dye?
    Posted: September 17 2005 at 11:10am

Hi,

I have dirty blonde hair and have always highlighted/frosted my hair with a frosting cap, white powder and peroxide at home.

A couple of months ago I had my hair done with foils in which they used color in the foils.  I really loved it but it was so expensive and I really can't afford to keep it up.

I was wondering if I can do something similar at home.  I want to use the frosting cap to pull the hair out and use a store bought color on the hair that has been pulled out instead of the white powder mix.  Has anyone ever done this successfully?  Is this a good idea?  Salon foils are definitely out of the picture and I cannot do foils at home.

Please help,

ggggg

cutandcolor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutandcolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2005 at 4:04pm
first of all what color is your hair?  is it a natural color or is it already colored?  If it is a natural color, you can use a store bought color, if it is colored, you cannot because color will not lift color.  tell us a little bit about your hair before you can get advice!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic