Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi - I’m new and have an extension prob.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
grace45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grace45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi - I’m new and have an extension prob.
    Posted: September 20 2005 at 5:37pm

Hello,

Could someone please direct me to the proper forum where I can discuss my hair extension issues?  Here is my situation:  I had some "hairlocs" put in, and after 3 weeks, 75% have come out, mainly due to the fact that the hair began to knot, matte and tangle immediately. Even using the special brush and shampoo/conditioner.   This was my 2nd attempt at extensions after 6 weeks of trying the glue-in type, in which the glue stuck to itself and the other extensions.  The hair itself was beautiful, but the glue problem created a rats nest under my hair, so they had to be removed.  I had been told the glue would be easy to remove with conditioner/oil, but it would not come out and I had to sit through 5 hrs of having my hair pulled to get all the knots out.  Two days later, I paid more money for this new hair (they did not charge me to put them in), and as they have all but come out, I can no longer wear my hair down.  Has anyone else had problems like this?  Is this normal?  After $1300, I thought this hair would at least last a few months, and it hasn't been a month yet.  Should I try to get the salon to fix again, or try to get a refund? 

ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 7:59pm
Well I never heard of that happening, and I dont think it suppose to/thats not normal.. But personally I wouldnt put anymore money into it, I would get a refund. It seems like the stylist may have not did it properly and its damaging your hair. HTH
ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 9:03pm
Try the hair extension forum. Problems like these are typical of hairlocs.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Justextensions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justextensions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2006 at 6:45pm
I agree that you should probably leave your hair alone at least for a couple of months and wait till you get it backin better condition. Even though Hairlocs is the safest method on the market today the prior experience with the glue probably damaged the hair where the extensions were attached. I have done hundreds of girls hair with the hairlocs and the only problem I have run into is when someone over proccesses their hair. Blondes seem to have the most trouble.....bleach uck!!!! I am not saying this is your case at all, it sounds like they should not have even put the second set of extensions in your hair. Yes it cost a lot of money, but it is definately a temporary hair solution for long and thicker hair unless you keep up the maintenance every couple of months (everone hair is different depending on how fast their hair grows). Everyone has their own opinion on glue vs braids vs locs. My bottom line view is that hairlocs is the safest....no glue, no tension from braiding or heat that ultimately damages the hair. Some think that the little loc could damage your hair but I see very little loss amoung collegues that I work with.... One tip of advise, make sure that you are applying the locs to fresh new hair growth if you decide to do it again because it is the strongest at that point. I personally only like to color my hair at the crown therefore the rest of my hair stays strong and healthy, I keep it away from the locs because I can always add the highlights with the extensions. Hope that  helps.Star
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic