Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad dreams (nightmares)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad dreams (nightmares)
    Posted: September 29 2005 at 5:36am
Has anyone ever had the dream where your long hair gets cut short and you hate it?  Then when you finally wake up you realize it was just a bad dream and your long hair is back (thank God).  Just wondering?
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 7:33am

No, But I have had dreams where my hair is down to my butt and gorgeous.Then i'll wake up and realize my hair's still short.What a gip.I hate those dreams.

Edited by Longhairdreams
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 9:22am
A lot of time I also dream that I have the opposite hair that I really have.  If I have no bangs, I have them in my dream and vice versa.  If my hair is dyed platinum blonde, it will be pitch black in my dream, and vice versa.  I had only one dream where I had knee length hair (which I have never had)  what fun!  But yeah, it sucked when I woke up!

edited to say:  Its fun to imagine that I'm seeing parallel realities in my dreams where things are the opposite of this reality!

Edited by Susan W
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 9:04pm
Occasionally I have a dream where my hair is short, and I say to myself, "I must have cut my hair short" and am unconcerned. I do check when I wake up to make sure it was a dream.

Once I had a dream that my hair was classic length, six inches longer than it was at that time. I said to myself, "My hair must have grown longer, when did that happen...?"

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 10:20pm

A few weeks ago I had a dream that my hair was tailbone length and I went to a salon to get my hair hennaed so that the dyed part would match the root part, and told the stylist right away that I didn't want ANYTHING cut off.  She agreed, and then the first thing she did was start hacking away at my hair with a kitchen knife.  I asked what she was doing and she said cutting my hair up to where my roots end (which is about 6 inches) so that I could save money on henna and still have my natural hair color.  The cut was choppy and uneven and I remember crying so hard in the dream and running out of the salon.  Then I woke up, felt the back of my head, and breathed a long, hard sigh of relief.

I think maybe those dreams are designed to prevent hair boredom/cutting decisions made on a whim.  Because it seems whenever I start to get bored and want to cut all my hair off, I have a dream like that and I remember how much I hated short hair.

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 12:11pm
i had a dream once where I'd had my hair hair cut in to a bob, i woke up in a panic and grabbed my hair immediately-checking if it was still there!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2005 at 11:28am

LadyFrog, the same thing has happened to me many times.. but it stops at some point. After awhile, my dream self "adjusted" and started to have long hair IN the dreams, and the hair anxiety disappeared.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 8:28am
Ah but how long does that take? My hair has never been shorter than shoulder length in my entire life-you think I'd have adjusted to having long hair by now! lol!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic