Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How’s everyone’s hair growing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How’s everyone’s hair growing?
    Posted: September 29 2005 at 6:46am
I am pshyched I measured last night and it is just over 25" so it is up and running again another 10" and now we are talking, probably won't stop there though.  Hope all is well for everyone.

Edited by The Last Starfighter
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 7:48pm
Slowly... actually it is at the average of 1/2 inches per month. But it seems way slower! I started growing at about 10 inches and about a year later it is at 16 inches. My goal is where you hair is at right now, 25 inches. So about two years away..omg that is forever!
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 5:34am

Hey im not sure how i should measure my hair? like which point should i measure it from (from the back of the hair line??) im not sure, im wanting to grow my hair a full 6'' from now to this time next year! lol maybe it is impossible, Wish me luck.

i have BSL

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 6:23am
I measure from the front of the hair line where the bangs start.  My hair is around your lenght right now.  6" per year is average should be achievable maybe a little more or a little less.  I should be at 30" - 31" by next year hopefully.  Good luck
Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 7:18am
Eat lots of protein. I eat tuna fish almost everyday and eggs a few times every week. I think my hair is growing faster because of that.
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 7:29am
Hey thats a gud idea! wot about eating sardines everyday? i do eat alot of eggs anyway, trying to eat all my fruit & veg too, and plenty of water! ;) my hair is is 27'' from front hair line maybe abit more because my hair is wavy right now! im looking for a good 6'' by this time next year! keep up ur healthy eatings
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 10:30pm

That's great, TLSF!    Any new pictures for us??

My hair has been growing at about .75" per month, and is now 27.5"... a very early stage of waist length.  I'm excited.

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 10:44pm
Hey Katja,  that's great I am going to wait till I get to 27" before I post another progress pic.  It seems to look not much different than the last pic.  I guess that I'm catching up to you,  good luck and Don't cut that hair.  Take care Star
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 4:19am
According to my new picture I'm at 34"
Due to my having a hard time with self measurements I'm instead using masking tape with marker lines to show where the inch markers are on the tape measure.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 12:15pm
My hair is at 30 something inches when measured from the hairline. No idea how fast it grows...
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 12:59pm

Congratulations on everyone's growth

I'm not officially taking a measure but I've had a bit more than 2.5" growth since May 1. I thought waist was a fun length to be.. but now I've changed my mind!!!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 2:56pm

My hair has been dealing with monthly trimmings due to constant damage that I see, despite my one every four day washes, little to no hair straightenings with a ceramic iron, and deep conditioning.  I always find more split ends than I can count, and the ends constantly feel rough, no matter what I do.

And thus, I decided that by the end of the year, I'll be sporting shoulder length hair, and starting anew. Due to the trims (that are usually 3 inches because of bad hairstylists), my hair is barely longer than it was when I started visiting this hairboard. Although, I must say, that it is in better condition (just not where I want it to be yet).

This is a length picture taken in late August, early September.

This is my hair in the afternoon after I took them out of rags that morning. I used a mixture of coconut oil, jojoba oil, and a couple drops of scented oil as my "setting product". I figured it would be nice to have a treat for my hair, and have waves at the same time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 4:22pm

Asian Invasion, good to see you again. I love how well your hair responds to curling  And just look at that sleek shine of the straight hair picture.... WOW! Although I understand your decision to start fresh. A fresh start usually makes one feel great.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 8:54pm
Quote And thus, I decided that by the end of the year, I'll be sporting shoulder length hair, and starting anew.

Unless your hair is terribly split, maybe you should not have to go all the way back up to the shoulders.  In the pictures it looks fairly healthy and you did not say anything like it getting that dry really fuzzy look.  Do you use hydrating conditioners?

BTW, I just found this on the web detailing bad hair damage (did not realize the dangers of razor cutting).  It is rather interesting:

http://www.pg.com/science/haircare/hair_twh_74.htm
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 5:29am

Thanks for that link Tyranna....I am only too aware of the dangers of razor cutting.  Despite my protests, the last short cut I got (about 2 years ago) was using a razor. The hairdresser insisted that it would be the best method to use for my hair (I have curly hair....I mean, really...what WAS she thinking??)  Anyway, to "cut" a long story short, I ended up with the haircut from hell which ruined my curl formation. My hair is still recovering

I find it quite difficult to measure my hair though...I know how to do it, but it's hard with curls.  Think I will get my husband to help me...

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 6:36am
Anais 2.5 inches since May that is perfect hair growth.  Good luck with your journey don't stop I think it would be nice at your knees and longer  maybe to the floor.  I think it is sort of addictive.  I'm at almost 26" and can't wait for another foot at least,  But when I am there I may want it longer.  Anyway your hair looks stunning keep up the good work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 2:01pm

Goodness I do plan on stopping somewhere, TLSF!  Just kidding, at this point I don't really know where I'll stop but I agree it's one of those decisions where you keep dragging out the goal. I've changed my final goal four times since the beginning of the hair journey!!! The first final-goal was hip length, then classic, then fingertip, now I am considering "right above the kneecap". 

Thanks so much!  

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 5:52pm
That's awesome Anais,  I think knee length would be great myself and may consider it as well.  You never know you may want to change the goal one last time and go to the floor at that point you will be so close.  It would look unbelievable,  anyway take care and keep us posted
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 6:28pm

Anais and TLSF, I totally know what you mean about hair growth being addictive!  I first told myself I'd stop when it was waist length.  Then tailbone.  Then classic.  And now I'm telling myself I'll stop at fingertip... so I guess we'll see when I get there!

Asian Invasion, I think your hair looks gorgeous in those pictures.  But like Anais said, I understand why you'd want to cut it to your shoulders if you're seeing that much damage.  And I'd never be able to part with hair like that even if it was damaged, so I certainly admire you.   Let us know how everything works out!

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
Suers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 10:46am
My growth has not been too successful. It is growing more slowly as I age. It is to my waist now and I haven't been trimming at all. The ends seem really dry. I am not happy with the condition of my hair at all but I will resist temptation to cut it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic