Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dove Shampoo...?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dove Shampoo...?
    Posted: October 01 2005 at 9:57pm
I've never tried it but since I've seen that commercial where it says it leaves the natural oils and proteins in your hair I've considered it.
Anyone else seen this or know if Dove is any good?
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 10:09pm
The commercials for the shampoo are for a new version.

You can read more here and get free samples if they're still offering.
http://www.dove.com/your_hair/ktgs.asp

Plus there might be a coupon in your sunday paper. We had one in ours. Our sunday stuff comes in our saturday paper here.

They probably still have silicones in them.
Rubis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 5:10pm
Yes, Dove shampoo has silicones.

When I want to know ingredients contained in different products
I look on drugstore.com

Bye !
Maybe , I'll make mistakes in my sentences, I usually speak French. But this site is great and I love it !
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 8:32am
I've tried dove shampoos, they're good but not THAT good. They do leave your hair nice though.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 11:52am
LadyFrog, have you tried the new reformulated version?
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Elizabeth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elizabeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 1:22pm
I like DOVE but I wish it didn“t have such a strong smell.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 1:22pm
Not sure. Haven't seen any ads for re formulated ones. Did you see them in America? I'm in the UK. 
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 1:56pm
I've never tried the shampoo, but did actually just buy a bottle of Dove conditioner last week.  I don't know if it's the reformulated one or what, but on the bottle it says it's for "Intense Moisture for dry or damaged hair."  I've used it twice and so far it seems to work pretty well.  It does have silicones in it though, so watch out if your hair isn't the "cone-loving type."
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
Madalyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madalyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 2:51pm
Could somebody explain what the difference silicone products are and what the pros and cons are using them? I don't know a thing about silicone. thanks!
kimberlily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2005 at 10:27am

Silicones coat the hair, so you need to clarify regularly, or the oils and other good stuff can't get in to condition and nourish your hair.

My hair likes 'cones, so I don't fuss too much about whether they're present in a product. I don't use silicone sprays or serums anymore though. I rely on aloe vera and Jojoba oil to give me shine and control frizz.

Madalyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madalyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2005 at 5:23pm
How do you know if your hair "likes" silicone or not? How di I know if I should consider using more or less silicone products? Thanks
kimberlily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2005 at 9:49am

Well, I went cold-turkey and quit using products with silicone, and it became really puffy and unmanageable...and impossible to comb... so I determined that my hair needs a bit of silicone. Some people find that their hair becomes drier when they use silicones, so they stay away from them.

It is really a trial and error thing. Look at labels. If you see ingredients ending in "cone" (ie: dimethicone) then it has silicones in it.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2005 at 3:53pm

Originally posted by Madalyne Madalyne wrote:

How do you know if your hair "likes" silicone or not? How di I know if I should consider using more or less silicone products? Thanks

You might also want to mosey on to this thread on silicones, and we've had a pretty extensive discussion on cones in this thread also. Hope this explains a bit!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic