Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair toy torture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair toy torture
    Posted: October 06 2005 at 10:15pm
I read on the website of Anais (I think) that whilst waiting for your hair to grow, you should collect some really nice hair toys so that you can look at them and have something to look forward to (I realise it was quite a funny piece).  I saw some LOVELY hair sticks yesterday whilst I was out shopping and was about to buy them but then I thought "isn't that like buying clothes a size too small to inspire you to lose weight"....ie.....isn't that a bad idea???     Is it better to buy nice hair toys when you reach your goal length as a reward? Are you just torturing yourself with having something you can't use?  What does everyone think?  What have you all done?
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2005 at 12:18am

Originally posted by missrini missrini wrote:

"isn't that like buying clothes a size too small to inspire you to lose weight".

ahahahaha this is so true! lol i think it helps motivate you.  

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2005 at 11:20am

Actually that page was supposed to be funny  

But really, the trick usually works because there is a MUCH higher probability of you reaching a workable length than the probability of someone fitting smaller clothes.

It worked for me, anyway.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 6:35am

Thanks Anais....yes it WAS funny, I had a good laugh and thank you so much for sharing your sense of humour and excellent writing with the world

I guess I was just wondering if ppl actually do this (ie..buy nice hair toys as inspiration). Seems like a good idea in one way, but then I just thought I'd be torturing myself

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 2:05pm
Thanks Rini, and by the way I love your new signature  
my LJ, 40 inches long
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 6:19am
Thanks....a picture is worth many many words.....just lets ppl know my "situation" without me boring everyone to death

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 10:25am
wow, your hair is really pretty missrini.Are you a natural redhead? I love the color.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 7:33pm

Thank you Longhairdreams!

I do have natural red tones to my hair, but I use Henna to make it really copper red.  The pic on the left was before Henna, the pic on the right was after I started using Henna.   I really love the other benefits of Henna too (conditioning, strengthening, thickening).  It's wonderful stuff!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2005 at 12:47pm
I've been hearing alot about henna.I even found a great site all about coloring with henna.I want the color you have currently.But it doesnt seem possible with henna.I know henna can only lighten and brighten so much.Even with the extra ingredients people add.Its funny,I know so much about regular hairdye.But henna is virgin territory for me.I keep reading all the benefits of henna,but I dont know enough yet if I want to use it.Maybe after a few strand tests.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2005 at 5:17pm

LHD you can request samples from Mehndi, I believe. They give you enough for strand tests.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 12:41pm
Thank you anais.yeah I think I'm going to get samples from hennaforhair.com.Which is a great site.
Madalyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madalyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 2:26pm
I have Henna'd my hair for a couple of years now. I purchase mine from Mehandi.com I've heard conflicting stories about Henna recently though. I've read about the conditioning properties of Henna, which is the reason I switched from traditional color to Henna in the first place, then lately I've heard about the "drying" effects that Henna has on hair. I myself am dealing with VERY dry ends and trying to keep the moisture in. I'm wondering how true the latter part is and if THAT is my problem?? when I mix my Henna I use lavendar oil (to cover the hay smell) and also VO5 hot oil treatment, so you would think the "drying" effect wouldn't be an issue! Any comments?
Madalyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madalyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 2:32pm
Oh yeah, one other thing, As far as Hair Sticks, Don't buy the plastic ones "goody" or whatever at the stores. They will break. the cute little wood ones at these ethnic stores tend to splinter (which is NOT good for growing hair).I have several pairs of traditional chop sticks! Not the cheap buy by the dozen ones, the nice smooth different color kind. Even if you can't use them now, or give up growing out your hair (hopefully not) you can use them to eat with. HA!

Edited by Madalyne

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 3:42pm
Mehndi, Mehandi, Mindy... I don't know  LOL.
my LJ, 40 inches long
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 1:28am

HI Madalyne, I answered your question in the other post (your introductory one).   Where did you get your chopsticks from?  I mean, where does one get "good" chopsticks.  Are they plastic?

I'm thinking of beading (decorating) a basic pair of chopsticks. I like making jewellery, so this won't be so different.

Madalyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madalyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 8:11am

Well, I've seen some really cool ones at Pier 1 but they sell them in sets of 4 or 6! Fourtunatly for me there is a kitchen specialty store down the street from me that had a set of 8 prs that were of various colors. They are wood, but coated with colored laquer. I typed in "chopsticks" online and found a good site, I'm thinking it was called mrslinskitchen.com or something like that that had ALL Kinds of different pairs of sticks. Another one that doesn't have as many, but still a good site is everythingchopsticks.com

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 10:53pm
Ah....you are in America then? I'm in Australia, so shipping might be an issue :)  I will have a look around though, there are plenty of kitchen stores around here and I was thinking I might even look in an asian grocery store.

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2005 at 7:03am
I got some LOVELY chopsticks at the small asian grocery store near my house.  They were like 2 bucks or something and it was a set of 2 plastic black ones with gold foil on the ends with pink and blue floral designs on the gold.  They look more elegant than many of the sticks in the hair shops.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic