Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

too brassy and can’t seem to fix!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jennyotter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennyotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: too brassy and can’t seem to fix!
    Posted: October 16 2005 at 11:15pm

Hi Everyone!

Is there anybody out there that can help?  I've been having my dull, medium ashy hair professionally lightened (weave) for about a year but recently stopped because I was tired of the expense and having an inch of growth within two weeks (she told me my hair grows that fast-she does off the scalp weaves on me).  So I went to Sally and at their suggestion bought a permanent light blonde (neutral base) along with a blue toner tube added and it came out horribly, horribly brassy!  So I went to the drugstore and bought my old faithful from years of home coloring in a light ash blonde tone and hoped to eliminate the brassy.  It hasn't helped!  From looking on the net, it looks like I messed up by going to a 'permanent' at Sally instead of a semi or demi-permanent, but I really didn't understand the difference.  If I go to an even lighter color (extra-light ash blonde) at the drug store, will it help the brassy?  Can I get the brassy out by recoloring a few times with the lighter color?  I also tried a Blue Malva toning conditioner, but it just turned my non-brassy color on the length grey and didn't help the brassy much at all! 

Can anybody help me?  Yikes!  Thank you in advance!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic