Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need a SERIOUS flat iron

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
curlysue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlysue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a SERIOUS flat iron
    Posted: November 07 2005 at 3:47pm

Hi curly girls

I'm new to this forum but I was told it was a great place to get advice. I'm mixed and have crazy scaryspice hair which I LOVE but I sometimes need a more "grownup" look for work. I'm going to buy a flat iron but I'm looking for one that can handle the frizz with minimal damage to my hair (its very fine and fragile). Any advice would be SO helpful!

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2005 at 9:37pm

I remember seeing some great straightening-iron suggestions on the Straight Talk board. the iron's brand starts with an S. SSSSSolia, SSSSedu, How's that for specific?  Man.

Anais

Edited to add: how about keeping the curls but changing your wash routine? CO is great for curly girls.

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
curlysue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlysue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 8:56pm
Thanks Anais ... i've heard about both of these irons (you got the names right!) and a couple more. I was just hoping someone with similar hair would be able to vouch for one over another.

I'll have to give that CO thing a try. I've heard of it but after about a week, my hair is BEGGING for the shampoo!  Still, it would be nice to have the versatility if only once in a while.
tommygrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommygrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2007 at 2:01am
TRY THE HAI HAIR IRON WITH THE BLUE PLATES OR THE CROC BOTH GO UP TO 420 DEGREES SO THEYLL DEFINETELY DO THE JOB.
CrazyChica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyChica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 8:37pm
Well, I would recommend the MAXI GLIDE  flat iron. It works with steam which helps in prevent heat damage and it also come with two separate plates ( one with "teeth" and one without) for more info check out Maxiusbeauty.com

Edited by CrazyChica - February 26 2007 at 8:38pm
fashion Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fashion Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 10:29pm
I have used the Chi for the last 3 years. I am finding my hair is becoming dryer and fluffier than I'd like these days. After reading some of the advice on the other forums, Chi is, after all, not so great. In any event, I have just ordered the Sedu Iron since I have heard great things about it and I purchased the Sedu hairdryer a month ago and LOVE IT! What a great product...I just hope the iron is as great. So, with that I would go with the Sedu brand. Just make sure you use good protective products and condition all the time.

Let us know what you end up with.
Fashion Girl
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2007 at 12:40pm
CurlySue, your hair does not have to be straight to look "grown up" or professional.  That's just something that society has tried to press on us.  Kinda like nobody should have long hair after 30 or whatever.

Maybe you could try different styling techniques, putting your hair up in different ways......  If you love your hair, keep it the way it is.  If it's too frizzy or wild, try finding a way to tame it a bit.  But don't feel that you have to straighten it.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
sparx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 11:47am
i wouldn't reccommend any flat iron.  it's so damaging to your hair and not worth it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic