Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Goddess Remy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Goddess Remy?
    Posted: November 27 2005 at 6:28pm
Anyone used this brand of hair? Doc sells it here, but I've seen it at some offline stores too. I'm mainly considering it 'cause it's 3/4th the price of Bohyme...

-Rae
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 8:13pm
Wow. They sure have extended their product line since the last time I visited them.

Why not give it a try? Then let the rest of us know how you like it!
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 4:25am

I'm sure there are some posts about the goddess rang on the Black Forum xx

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 12:01pm

Hey Rae,

How's the movie making business going?  You must be busy, we haven't seen you around here in a while.

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 1:02pm
I don't think I've seen any reviews on that brand. If you try it let us know how you like it.
sassyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 1:16pm
I went into Manchester on Saturday and had a look at this hair, it was removed from the packet and shown to me and it felt awful, it was all tangled at the bottom and the price was £49.99 for 18 inch.  I then spoke to one of the staff and she confirmed that it washes terrible.
BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 3:47pm

I read on BHM good reviews of Goddess Remy.  It's by Sensationell, and was said to be of comparable quality with Outre Velvet Remy.  It was said to have held up nicely even after washing.  However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so don't hold me accountable.  I'm just relaying info about the review I read.   I myself have used niether.

I have, however, used both brands NON remy hair.  The Sensationell I used was color 613 and the worst garbage ever.  I turned into a wirey Medusa head after only 1 wash, and LOTS of shedding and breakage. 

The Outre hair I used was better.  It still turned hay-like, but not nearly as bad or as quickly as the Sensationell.

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 6:43pm
Worst hair I ever had was Sensationnel. I've heard good things about the Outre. I also wore Y2K (bbs hair) for over 6 weeks without a tangle or hitch. It was $60 a pack and a great bargain. Has anyone ever seen Madam Y2K online anywhere?
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 9:18pm

Yep....Id have to say that Senationnel was one of the worst on my list also...but Ive seen worse. Never have I seen anything worse than Unique Wiv ( glamourhair carries this..or did at one time)

Nope...havent seen the Madam2K online ANYWHERE Amm

PirateQueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PirateQueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 5:35am
There is a review of it here:

http://p080.ezboard.com/fhair18356frm2.showMessage?topicID=
1016.topic

It sounds quite good! Aplogies if you've allready seen that. I have to
admit I personally quite like Sensationnel hair, but I haven't tryed
this particular line. Also I never buy the light shades like 613 and
other blonde shades - it does seem to be more difficult to find very
light human hair at a reasonable price/quality.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 5:45am

yeah alot of brands are much better in darker colors. I think its just difficult to process hair to the light blonde stage and maintain the same quality as darker colors.

ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 10:09pm
Well I used both Goddess Remy and Velvet Remy and for BSS hair it held up fine with me, but now since I have IH, that beats the BSS Remy.  I mixed the two up for my weave, permed it, relaxed it, colored it, etc. and I still didnt have any tangles or shedding. But I can say that after so many washes it does tend to have a little and I mean little tangles like at the neck/nap area. Other than that they both were fine.. Ohh BTW I bought a #4 in both and colored myself.  HTH
ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

aninnina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aninnina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 1:41pm

I always read that everybody wants to have good hair, but all the goddess remy and sensationnel is also just asian hair. I remember that somebody on another board said, that also bohyme (is it right?) is just asian hair....It never fits perfect to the own hair.

I am an extensionist and most of the clients I see have started with asian hair. They bought it cheap and expensive, but it was always the same crap hair....

So, you girls dont use indian temple hair?

ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by aninnina aninnina wrote:

I always read that everybody wants to have good hair, but all the goddess remy and sensationnel is also just asian hair. I remember that somebody on another board said, that also bohyme (is it right?) is just asian hair....It never fits perfect to the own hair.

I am an extensionist and most of the clients I see have started with asian hair. They bought it cheap and expensive, but it was always the same crap hair....

So, you girls dont use indian temple hair?

Really...huhmm that interesting. But yeah I also use and hooked on the Indian Hair from IndianHairs.com.

ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

aninnina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aninnina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 6:47pm

Indianhairs.com is for my personal meaning too expensive.

Every natural hair exporter gives you a better price, also on handtied wefts...

I love the indian hair, it has a natural shine and can be used again and again.

I dont want to diss anybody, but when I read all the postings about asian hair, I dont understand why somebody is buying that hair ....

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by aninnina aninnina wrote:

I dont want to diss anybody, but when I read all the postings about asian hair, I dont understand why somebody is buying that hair ....

www.hair21.com This is by FAR the best Remy Cuticle Hair that Ive ever used. #613....wore this hair for 2/3 years in color#613. Always soft shiney and felt like silk....would STILL be using it but this supplier only supplies now in very large quantity and I have yet to figure out where I can buy it retail.

aninnina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aninnina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 1:32am

Yes, I know him, I also had the hair! I had it prebonded for M and L Micro Tubes. Fit perfect.

But I had it in darker tones, and yes it was great.

I made my first order about 4 years ago, shipping took very long, but the quality was very ok.

What is the minimum order now? Last time I ordered it was 1 kg per color and length..

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 6:59am

I think the minimum quantity is 100 pieces per color to get the wholesale pricing. They used to accept my smaller orders but the price goes way up...and I just cant seem to keep communications going with them anymore...they dont respond back and orders never get processed. I know they just dont want to deal with small orders.

This is asian hair...so I still think its possible to find a good asian hair.... wish I could find out who is selling this hair retail, its got to be out there somewhere! Like a needle in a haystack but I know its there somewhere!

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 6:33pm
Nina, I don't use Indian temple hair because I cannot find a good supplier for ready-to-use hair. Everywhere I have seen sells it in virgin condition- which is great, but I don't want to have to color it myself- especially when I've got a client sitting there going "I'm going out of town/have a big occaision/need to look absolutely fabulous in a few days...can I have my appointment before then?" If I find an online seller that offers the same to-my-specifications options as, say, Bohyme (e.g. "I want this length and this color in this texture") in Indian hair, then I'll switch. Otherwise, I can't see spending $300+ dollars on hair and -then- having to process it on top of that.

-Rae
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by zapevaj zapevaj wrote:

Nina, I don't use Indian temple hair because I cannot find a good
supplier for ready-to-use hair. Everywhere I have seen sells it in
virgin condition- which is great, but I don't want to have to color it
myself- especially when I've got a client sitting there going "I'm
going out of town/have a big occaision/need to look absolutely fabulous
in a few days...can I have my appointment before then?" If I find an
online seller that offers the same to-my-specifications options as,
say, Bohyme (e.g. "I want this length and this color in this texture")
in Indian hair, then I'll switch. Otherwise, I can't see spending $300+
dollars on hair and -then- having to process it on top of that.

-Rae

I actually have Indian "ready to wear". I'm stocking now and it's been going out privately just for those who've inquired. It's the same company who provides EP their hair. They have asian processed to "European texture" and they also have Indian remy in bulk, weft, and EZ Plugs. Availability is #2 - #613 and blends. Here are the colors:

This makes RK roll over and cry for their mommy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic