Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

transitioning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
XxMizzReneexX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxMizzReneexX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: transitioning
    Posted: December 21 2005 at 2:36pm

I finally decided to kick my relaxers to tha curb. It's only been 3 weeks since my last relaxer, so I have a long way to go. I don't want to chop off all of my relaxed hair and wear my hair short(really short hair is not for me). Can anyone give me some tips on how to go about transitioning my hair while retaining as much length as possible?

princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2005 at 8:06pm
Try twist outs or braid outs and as the new growth comes in, start trimming your relaxed ends .  That way you dont have to cut it all off
4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

Sweet_Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet_Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 1:11am
Originally posted by XxMizzReneexX XxMizzReneexX wrote:

I finally decided to kick my relaxers to tha curb. It's only been 3 weeks since my last relaxer, so I have a long way to go. I don't want to chop off all of my relaxed hair and wear my hair short(really short hair is not for me). Can anyone give me some tips on how to go about transitioning my hair while retaining as much length as possible?

Moisturize often especially your new growth and ends, opt for low maintenance/protective styles like buns, braidouts, twistouts, flexi rod sets, straw sets etc...Wash/Condition your hair atleast once a week and use less heat as possible. Trim when you feel the time is right, the more you trim the quicker the transition will be, the less you trim the longer it will take, but you will retain more length its up to you.

Check out~~> motowngirl.com for more tips and style options.

HTH~

*Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
*100 Natural~3c/4a
*Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 8:50am
Try cornrows. 
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 2:11pm
First off you do have to keep your hair mositurized and conditioned while in the transition. Different styles you can try are individual braids, pixies, cornrows, braid-out, twist-out, kinky twist, roller/wet setting, bantu knots, weaves, tree braids...huhmm thats all I can think of right now LOL. But I would try to use minimum heat because that can cause damage and less stress to your hair at this time as well will help in the long run. HTH
ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic