Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pyle0102 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyle0102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please Help
    Posted: January 28 2006 at 7:23pm

My hair is very VERY thick and coarse, and it was down past my shoulders in a darkest brown-black color.  But a few months ago I got the idea to lighten it, and long hair to short, it all melted away.  It was cut in a very short pixie cut and was growing back, but the problem was that it was growing into a mullet, so I decided to cut it so that it would grow back in a more pleasing shape.

Well, I got one of those ideas in my head that seemed cool at the time.  I saw a picture of a girl in a magazine, that had what I can best describe as a rather fancy mo-hawk, (I'm a quite attractive 18 year old artist, I thought that if anyone could carry it off it would be me).  But now the back of my hair is as short as possible, and just looks terrrible.  I did this at home, my mother and I cut hair at home all the time, and it usually works out great.

But I just cannot stop crying about it, I feel awful, and stupid, because I did this to myself, and I feel like an idiot complaining, but I'm miserable. 

Please is there anyone out there with a similiar story, or maybe even someone with a suggestion?  Please, my hair has always been my signature, and I know it's just hair, but it's always been my trademark, and now it's totally ruined.

Thank you all so much for listening to me whine!

trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 2:47am
Sorry to hear about that.  You might not believe this right now, but I promise that it will grow faster than you think.  Growth is also easier to spot on shorter hair so it will start to look different within even just a week or two.  Don't worry.  Keep your hair healthy and you will get the look you want very soon indeed.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Ginny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 6:55am
Hair grows back about an inch a month. Styling gels make for very nice spiked and wild looks on short hair.There are a lot of good products that stylist have in their shops might be a wise investment for you at this time.
Hair eventually does grow back   
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 8:17am
Hair grows in about 1/2 inch per month.  Untill then relax and yes things like this has happen to people all the time.  Good luck to ya and please let us know how it is going!  Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Ginny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 11:45am
I stand corrected!!
Most of the hair on a person's head grows constantly. Scalp hair grows about half an inch per month.

if you had 1/2 an inch left on your head because of the cut, then by the end of the month, would be an inch! Thick and coarse hair is a good thing. I also have very thick and coarse hair, and keep it short, so styling agents have made for some real awesome styles. On the bright side, it will grow back !!
pyle0102 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyle0102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 10:17am

Thank you all so much for being so sweet, trust me, it is comforting!

My brother-in-law is a barber and stylist, and he agreed to see me yesterday morning, on an emergency level I suppose   Well anyway he worked his magic, cut the back in a sort of gradual layers, almost shaved at the botttom of the neck and layers getting longer as you go up.  It is a bit longer in front, and the longer pieces cover the ultra-short sides.  I actually like it!  But the fact that my hair will grow is still a wonderful thought!  It still looks edgy though, my hair is black with a carmel stripe in the front, (not on the very top but under some hair so that it peeks out from under the dark).  And I flat iron it, play with it, discover fun things i can do.   All the guys I know really like it, which suprised me.  Short black hair - who knew?

Thank you all so much again!

a lady in mourning
Skydancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skydancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 3:31pm

It is good that you are playing with it - that is my favourite bit about changing my hairstyle, the first few weeks where you try and loads of new ways to wear it before you get bored!

Enjoy for now and it will grow back.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic