Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair experiments!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair experiments!
    Posted: February 10 2006 at 7:21am

I thought it would be cool to have a hair experiment thread where you post results on all the treatments you devise.

I'm doing a very random one just now.

1 egg yolk

1 cup of coffee's worth of used ground residue

2 tablespoons of oliveoil

1 tablespoon of mayonaise

1/4 bottle of Sunsilk wavy hair conditioner

2 tablespoons of Loreal colour enhancing masque in brown.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes!

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 3:23pm
I've tried honey, avocado and olive oil (mixed) and really liked the result.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 11:28pm

Great thread idea! And really, those mixes sound almost edible.

My plan is to try marshmallow root mucilage sometime by the end of the month... we'll see how that goes  

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 6:10am

Marshmallow? That sounds hard to get out. I'll be intrested to see how that goes.

Honey sounds really infuriating!

My hair is really soft and highlights and lowlights are stronger but it now stinks of coffee.

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 9:49am
Believe it or not, the honey kind of "melts" on your hair with a bit of warm water in the shower or bath. It is quite nice and not the least bit infuriating Your experiment sounds good, HFO! I might just try it!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 2:02pm

Funny enough, marshmallow root has nothing to do with marshmallow  The candy used to be made with mallow root extracts but now it's just sugar, starches, and gelatin (probably not kosher gelatin either). The root / root powder can be soaked in water until it turns slimy, and then it's strained for application. It'll be mainly a scalp treatment, but if it benefits the hair then all the better. 

Hugs
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 4:04am

Blonde moment! I haven't done biology for four years!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic