Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP WITH HAIR COLOR!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xbabiishorty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xbabiishorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP WITH HAIR COLOR!
    Posted: March 04 2006 at 8:53pm

as you can see if u click on the picture in my signature, my hair is like black. and i have a naturally tanned skin color which is because im part filipino. HOWEVER, when i try to dye my hair at home to a brownish color the color did not show at ALL *i left the dye on for 30min. also, i was looking thru my online picture album and one was a pic i took when i got my haircut (before i attempted to color it and there was this red auburn streak thru a lock of my hair near the face. http://community.webshots.com/photo/547469857/28513142400849 78642VMlTzX i was at this pinoy pop thing last night and i was looking at a pic a friend took of me offguard and a lock of my hair near the face was red auburn again!  http://community.webshots.com/photo/547469857/21223745800849 78642UpnNck it was so weird. and i was standing in front of a mirror and it was that color in the mirror too.

im thinking about getting my hair colored professionally at a salon but im not sure what color would match best with my skin color (soft honey cause thats my foundation color) and if it would turn "orange" or whatever because of that weird red orange color..

Edited by xbabiishorty
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 2:44am

btw the way you look hot

ok we got that out of the way

from my experieced black asian hair is the hardest to go brown

then you might ask how come other asian have brown hair, well first they're natural color is dark brown to begin with not black like some us (me included)

our hair goes red and orange easier than going brown. go figure.

other facts about black hair... its not really even black. my younger sister has your kind of black hair, black with a hint of red, my older sister calls it cherry black. i have black black hair with grey hair hidden somewhere ( i'm still in denial )

from what i have read and research through out the net, i have found that you have cool features becoz you have black hair and eyes with olive skin, the kind of features most asians have, well southeast asian.

colour that would supposingly suit our complexion, meaning it will brighten up our face is black (duh..) brown, dark brown, ash browns, ash blonde, platinum blond, white. unnatural colours like burgundy, purple, lip stick red can look flattering on us

i know some of the people out there, with their mouth open

( PLATINUM BLONDE, PURPLE, ARE YOU CRAZY !!!!)

yeah i had they reaction too, but then i kinda makes sense. these shade will make you look brighter and well .. umm .. cheerier..???

(heck look how all the platinum blonds out there having more fun )

my research says that golden, auburn and red shades will make you look sullen and gloomy...??

which is weird considering where i come from where 80% of the population have cool tone features (black eyes black eye, olive to dark brown) but the shades they have in salon and drugstore are mainly warm colours....

confusing..

( ok enough babling answer the girl's question dammit  )

ok back to want you want..

you said that you have dyed your hair right, when did you get it done? are you still growing out your dyed hair?

the reason why is since you dyed your hair brown, the only shades options you have now is darker brown and black, coz regular dyes cannot lift the dark shade you have. you have to grow it out or remove the color using color remover. its a complicated proceess that might ruin your hair if you did it wrong.

but if you did this a long time ago and you have your born again virgin hair you can do it at home as long the shade is only 3 shades darker or if the shades is purple or red. you can use high lift colour such as loreal HL to get crazy shades or purple red.

or if you are conservative, try burgundy.

as yes.. browns...

for some asians, we need to bleach the hair until it turns orange, then use a bleach safe dye to dye your hair.

this double process will ensure you have  great brown shade.

BUT..........

if you think blondes and ash are boring, forget the rules of cool and warm and go for the golden or bronze or auburn shades

these shades will make your skin looked even more tanned or like you been spending all day at the beach

a condition some people want and some people detest.

so in conclusion

dye at home if

• your shades is only 3 shades lighter
  • your hair is virgin
  • you want red or burgundy based shade
  • if you are broke

dye at salon if

• you want a shade that is more that 3 levels lighter
  • you have process hair
  • you want someone  will qualification that can really make your stand out with a great cut and dye job
  • if you have the cash

fewh...

havent wrote post this long or this full or this crazy in a while

forgive me if there are any typo error

tell us your results when you get you hair done okay

ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic