Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PROM HAIRSTYLES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P*H*SpOmMiE4LiFe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P*H*SpOmMiE4LiFe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PROM HAIRSTYLES
    Posted: October 06 2001 at 3:45pm
I have no clue how to wear my hair for homecoming(prom)!! I need some help!!! I have hair down to about the middle of my back and is very thick and naturally curly? WHAT CAN I DO???
t sue View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2001 at 5:46pm
My hair is also very thick, though not curly. Here is a quick updo that is very uncomplicated. It is really just a variation on a basic braided bun, but it looks way different. Instead of pulling the hair into a pony and braiding it before putting it into the bun, pull the hair into two back-of-the-head ponies that aren`t touching, but are within 3 or 4 inches of each other. Braid both of these, then wrap one braid around the base of the other and tuck in the end. Bobbie pin it in a way that the bands don`t show. Do the same with the other braid, only keep it opposite the first one. (If you went under with the first go over with the second, or vise versa.) For hair that is really long, set the ponies farther apart, or do more than two braids. The result is similar to... ? I`m not really sure how to describe it. I guess it`s sort of like a patchwork quilt.? Have fun with it. Try a zig-zag part or a triangular bun, maybe. Hope it works for you!
Stephanie Smith View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2001 at 6:47am
Reply to message: 12.350.1
quote:

t sue originally wrote:
My hair is also very thick, though not curly. Here is a quick updo that is very uncomplicated. It is really just a variation on a basic braided bun, but it looks way different. Instead of pulling the hair into a pony and braiding it before putting it into the bun, pull the hair into two back-of-the-head ponies that aren't touching, but are within 3 or 4 inches of each other. Braid both of these, then wrap one braid around the base of the other and tuck in the end. Bobbie pin it in a way that the bands don't show. Do the same with the other braid, only keep it opposite the first one. (If you went under with the first go over with the second, or vise versa.) For hair that is really long, set the ponies farther apart, or do more than two braids. The result is similar to... ? I'm not really sure how to describe it. I guess it's sort of like a patchwork quilt.? Have fun with it. Try a zig-zag part or a triangular bun, maybe. Hope it works for you!

i have this dance comming up really soon (prom) and my bf is taking me out for dinner and i want my hair to amasing but it has to be on top of my head can you help
Anus View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2002 at 10:46am
do ur hair like the muckatucka!! it will luk sooooo maynard! A-MUK-TUK-A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then, after that - go with the Ginsu look! AGHN!!! GREAT! And then, Ocapuki your hair!! WOOOOOW!
Leanan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2002 at 6:10am
Ladies,
have you checked the gallery here at Hairboutique? Maybe something tickles your fancy there?!?!
Or you might want to check out www.hairdos.com - they also have some amazingly beautiful styles.
I especially like style 1250, 1051, 0830 (maybe not for a prom or homecoming), and 0721. But my taste is not yours ;-)
And for curly hair www.naturallycurly.com is a great source for styles and tips and tricks. I can imagine that an updo with thick curls can be intruiging and they give how-tos there as well.

Hope this helps at least a little,

Leanan
There is not only black and white, there is also grey

Leanan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic