Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

naturally curly hair--prom ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alexis Bledsoe View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexis Bledsoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: naturally curly hair--prom ideas
    Posted: January 22 2002 at 2:43pm
I have long, naturally curly hair. Thankfully, I don`t usually have a problem with frizz. I`ve worn it up and down for prom two different years. I need an idea for this year since it`s my senior year and I want to look awesome. Any ideas would help, pictures would be great. Prom is in April...thanks everybody!
olivia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2002 at 11:35am
straighten your hair, it will look great!!!!
God is good...life is good
olivia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2002 at 11:36am
straighten your hair, it will look great!!!!
God is good...life is good
Brittany Queen-Allen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brittany Queen-Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2002 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Alexis Bledsoe Alexis Bledsoe wrote:

I have long, naturally curly hair. Thankfully, I don't usually have a problem with frizz. I've worn it up and down for prom two different years. I need an idea for this year since it's my senior year and I want to look awesome. Any ideas would help, pictures would be great. Prom is in April...thanks everybody!

Curly hair is great, not straighten it. God gave it to you so show it off. I have curly hair, and I know the problems that go with having curls.
Brittany Queen-Allen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brittany Queen-Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2002 at 12:32pm

I have long, naturally curly hair. Thankfully, I don't usually have a problem with frizz. I've worn it up and down for prom two different years. I need an idea for this year since it's my senior year and I want to look awesome. Any ideas would help, pictures would be great. Prom is in April...thanks everybody!

Curly hair is great, don`t straighten it. God gave it to you so show it off. I have curly hair, and I know the problems that go with having curls.
Cutegrl2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cutegrl2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2002 at 8:38am
Hey! Well I have really long naturally curly hair too.
And I`ve taken polls and it`s about half and half, of the people I know, that like my hair straight or curly. Do your hair the way you want to. Whichever way makes you feel better about yourself. But up and curly is always pretty, you should try braiding, twisting, straightening, and then add a tiara. I did this for prom last year and this year everyone wants to do the style. You can email me for a better explanation of the style.
andi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2002 at 12:18pm
Up and curly does look fab, but then again if everybody always sees you with curls - something straight would be an eye turner. Perhaps a stylist can either blow-dry the curls out, or put it up so it is sleek and straight.

But it is of course your call :-)
''A single open mind
can open any door'
Sonia Rutstein
Alexis Bledsoe View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexis Bledsoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2002 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Cutegrl2003 Cutegrl2003 wrote:

Hey! Well I have really long naturally curly hair too.
And I've taken polls and it's about half and half, of the people I know, that like my hair straight or curly. Do your hair the way you want to. Whichever way makes you feel better about yourself. But up and curly is always pretty, you should try braiding, twisting, straightening, and then add a tiara. I did this for prom last year and this year everyone wants to do the style. You can email me for a better explanation of the style.

How ironic...last year I wore my hair pulled half up and clipped in the back. I had a tiara that my stylist managed to situate in amongst the curls and it looked great. I had a dress that totally wowed everybody and hair to match. I would love to do soemthing like that this year, except up. My stylist said that I need to find a dress then pick the hairsyle. Thanks for the advice...if you have any pics or more advice, you can email me at curlymofun@angelfire.com

Vanessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2002 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Brittany Queen-Allen Brittany Queen-Allen wrote:

Curly hair is great, not straighten it. God gave it to you so show it off. I have curly hair, and I know the problems that go with having curls.

I have naturally curly hair too and its very thick and long...i am a freshman and planning on going to the prom too this year. My suggestion to you is to just leave it completely down and natural maybe put little flowers in it..trust me guys dig natural girls :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic