Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

updo for my hair length and face shape???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
April_Rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote April_Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: updo for my hair length and face shape???
    Posted: April 02 2002 at 11:12pm
I was hoping to get advice on the right updo styles for me. I have short hair that falls about 1 inch above my shoulders. It`s straight and thick in texture, and holds curl good. I have a heart shaped face, a long, thin neck and great cheekbones.
I hope to hear from you and any pictures you could send me would be great!
April Rose
Leanan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2002 at 1:32am
April Rose,
I answered to your thread in another section already, but there are some great resources posted in the thread called SOME HAIR SITES by Princess Daisy.
Pictures en masse and I am sure you will find your perfect updo for every occasion :-)

Enjoy!
There is not only black and white, there is also grey

Leanan
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2002 at 4:22am
Hi April Rose,

I want to pose a question to you. Are you sure that you want an updo? With short hair you nay have limited options. The hot new hair looks for Spring 2002 are soft curls and waves. Anne Heche wore her short hair in a cap of soft curls for her recent wedding. She looked stunning.

Jennifer Aniston has a classic heart shaped face and she wore a stunning do to offset her Dolce & Gabbana tux for the 2002 Golden Globes. Jennifer wore her hair loosely parted down the middle with two soft tendrils hanging down along her cheeks and her medium length hair pulled back in a soft chignon that nestled at the back of her neck. Very simple, very elegant.

http://www.instyle.com/instyle/read/ci/morelooks/0,7579,193673_195017,00.html

Cate Blanchette had a similar style with her hair.

Soft and sexy are hot looks right now. With short hair you can "fake" a soft chignon with an add-on braid coiled at the back of your neck and your hair softly pulled back with maybe a few side tendrils.

This style is a little long but if you do a clip on pony or braid and wrap it, you can effect the same look:

http://gallery.hairboutique.com/gallerydetail.asp?Categories=18&Go=GO&offset=32&ID=5470

For a messy pulled back look
http://gallery.hairboutique.com/gallerydetail.asp?Categories=18&Go=GO&offset=48&ID=5486

With short hair another option is a gorgeous jeweled headband or sparkly hair clips or hair barrettes.

Hope that helps,

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
HairBoutique.com

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic