Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A few questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
msmiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few questions
    Posted: April 14 2006 at 7:20am

Do any of you regularly take vitimins for your hair and if so which ones have you had the most success with?

Do you use coconut oil? If so how and do you find it weighs your hair down at all?

What product has given you the most shine?

What do you know about taking Yoplait Super Smoothies for helping hair?

Thanks all! Happy Easter!

Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 9:57am

Do any of you regularly take vitimins for your hair and if so which ones have you had the most success with?

I sometimes take them.  I personally like EFAs such as flaxseed oil, evening primrose, etc.  It helps my hair and skin look its best. Biotin is pretty good also, when I remember to take them.

Do you use coconut oil? If so how and do you find it weighs your hair down at all?

I sometimes do.  IMO coconut oil is pretty light, but then again you don't need a lot.  Makes my hair shiny and soft.  Just use a several drops and you should be good to go.

Hmmm...that is a tough one.  I rarely use anything to make my hair shiny.  It is not that important since it means nothing to me.  But I do noticed that several products has given me shine.  For example Vitapointe, Wild Growth Hair Oil, Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide, coconut oil, and Nexxus Botanic Oil gives me shine.  This is based on the products I have used.

That is news to me.  Maybe because it contains protein or something.  Not up-to-date on these new fangled products so excuse my ignorance.

msmiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2006 at 7:35pm
bumping up
msmiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 6:23pm
bumping
xreds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xreds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by msmiz msmiz wrote:

I take biotin everyday. I don't know if they make a difference or not but I continue to take them. I also need to restock on GNC's hair, skin, and nails. I find they made a difference in the strength of my hai and nails and definitely helped out my skin. In addtion, I take cod liver oil every morning. Not sure if that helps or not. I have not been doing any on a long enough basis

I do not use coconut oil. I don't use much oil at all in my hair.

When my hairdresser uses whale sperm conditioner, I notice a good shine. Also when she flat irons my hair, she uses CHI, that gives great shine, locks in moisture as well as makes my hair humidity resistant.

I will have to Google this topic as I know nothing about it.

Thanks all! Happy Easter!

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 11:24am

Do any of you regularly take vitimins for your hair and if so which ones have you had the most success with?Yes, Currently taking Multivitamin(centrum), flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil, bee pollen, alfalfa, vitamin e and vitamin b-12

Do you use coconut oil? If so how and do you find it weighs your hair down at all? Yes- i oil my scalp and ends with it at nite- doesn't weigh my hair down- i'm natural

What product has given you the most shine? glycerin and honey

don't know anything about this one.

Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Urbanplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urbanplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 11:24am

I took biotin for a while but I broke out.

I'm taking GNC's Ultra NourishHair right now. The only problem is that it's making my hair grow so strong that my previously damaged and weak relaxed ends are popping off like crazy and now I have so much breakage, it would make a hairdresser blush. I think mine is a singular case, though. But my scissors are tempting me very much.

I'm in!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic