Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So what CAN I do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mzmercury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzmercury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So what CAN I do?
    Posted: May 07 2006 at 9:18pm

I was a medium blonde most of my life but as I got a little older, my natural shade turned to light brown/dark blonde. 

I started going grey rather early and I would say I have about 25-30% grey.  The temples and in front of the ear are really resistant greys.  My hairstylist thought it would be fun to lighten my hair a bit but whatever she did, it came out red and actually darker than my normal tone!

So now I've got a color I really dislike, but I've got to keep some sort of color on because of the grey issue.  I'd like to lighten my hair back to the color of my younger years but after reading all these posts, I'm not supposed to bleach my hair because it's colored already.

There is no way I can wait for all of this color to grow out to get back to virgin hair because of the amount of grey that I have...is there ANYTHING I can do to get to a lighter color?

Thanks,

Theresa

stormee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2006 at 10:35pm

My hair has been bleached four times in one month, because I kept messing up and learning from my mistakes. I think you should give yourself a deep conditioning treatment, let it sit for a long while with a cap on. Then I think you should mix bleach in with conditioner and check it every few minutes. Then I think you should mix a light (but not lightest)neutral blonde 25% with 75% of the same level blonde in the tone most attractive for you.

karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 4:02pm
Hi, You can buy intense colour for resistant white/gray hair, if you want to go to your natural colour medium blonde you can buy 77/00 in wella which is an intense medium blonde. This is the products(wella) that I use in the salon, and I have used it on a client who has 100% Grey hair and it covers great. You can buy great colour products etc @ sally's, you don't have to use wella , sally's have so many different brands, and colours.
karen sanderson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic