Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Allure Editor Takes Beauty Biz Seriously

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
administrater View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allure Editor Takes Beauty Biz Seriously
    Posted: May 16 2006 at 11:17am
'Allure' changes beauty business
Jackson Clarion Ledger - Jackson,MS,USA
By Samantha Critchell
The Associated Press

NEW YORK — Linda Wells takes beauty seriously. It's the key to Allure magazine, which Wells has led as editor in chief since the magazine launched 15 years ago.

Until then, beauty was barely covered in glossy magazines and when it was, it was to guide women to the best lipstick shade to complement that season's top fashion color. But Wells (and publisher Conde Nast) thought there was an appetite for more, considering most women want to know about looking their best and most women know that looking their best takes more than a new lipstick shade.

The first issue explored animal testing and silicone breast implants - in addition to the latest color cosmetics trends.

"We gave beauty the kind of seriousness and analysis it had never had before," Wells says.

To read the entire article click on:

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060516/FEAT05/605160311/1023

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 9:49am
Linda Wells is amazing from another viewpoint.  She has managed to remain at the helm of her magazine for 15 years which is legendary in her field.
God Bless,...
Katie
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 9:27am
Ha, I read this at the same time I got the new Allure!
It really is a good magazine.Wink
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic