Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rosemary Oil??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KeishaNSU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeishaNSU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosemary Oil??
    Posted: May 19 2006 at 6:45pm
When you guys use rosemary oil do you use it straight or mix it with something else? If you do, what do you mix it with? I am a bit curious becasue I just purchased some for myself.
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 7:54pm
Keisha are u talking about Rosemary Essential Oil? If you are please please never use any essential oil straight on your skin/ scalp as it  damaging and will burn your skin. The advice given for use of ALL essential oils is to add a few drops to base oil like jojoba, sweet Almond , Olive oil etc. Google how to use essential Oils for more info . I tend to like adding a few drops of rosemary  eo to my  home made hair spritz which consist of spring water, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil and aloe vera juice.
Sharon71XxX
Natural 10 yrs,mostly 4b,past BSL length(at back)
Joined Shoulder length challenge 15th April 2006.
GOAL: Healthy,thicker shoulder/L unstreched for Dec 12/15th 06'
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 9:15pm
I add it to my shampoo.
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
KeishaNSU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeishaNSU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 10:08pm

I think it is essential oil. Thanks for telling me becasue I had no clue.

KeishaNSU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeishaNSU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2006 at 10:20pm

How about adding a few drops to doo gro oil??

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2006 at 1:06am
i mix mine with sweet almond oil or add a few drops to shampoo or conditioner.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2006 at 9:57am
[QUOTE=KeishaNSU]

How about adding a few drops to doo gro oil

Yes u could do this .  You can also, like the other ladies said add a few drops to your shampoo or condtioner as Rosemary oil  is particularly known for growth and healthy scalp.
Sharon71XxX
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2006 at 10:04am
Originally posted by KeishaNSU KeishaNSU wrote:

I think it is essential oil. Thanks for telling me becasue I had no clue.

Oh I forgot to mention its probably and essential oil you have . If its in a small bottle that allows a few droplets at a time and has a very strong smell then it is . I have a catalouge at home from Baldwins with all oils and i've never known Rosemary oil to be made in the form of a base oil like olive , jojoba , sweet almond etc.
Sharon71XxX
KeishaNSU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeishaNSU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2006 at 1:32pm
Yes it has a very strong smellConfused! I purchased it online from www.ibeautyny.com . Thanks so much for the tips, I was about to seriously burn my scalp offDead.

Edited by KeishaNSU - May 20 2006 at 1:34pm
tene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 8:52am
I rosemary hair oil I've used by Weleda is mixed with carrier oils.

Edited by tene - May 21 2006 at 8:53am
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 10:58am
umm i dont think the rosemary you have is pure or 100%. there's no one that sells straight rosemary essential oil for 3.99 for 4 oz. and also if you notice, they didnt add "essential" to the name or description
KeishaNSU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeishaNSU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 10:03am
 Shoot!!!Unhappy Did I get fooled??? Does anyone know where I can purchase some essential rosemary oil?? How much is it suppose to cost??
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 11:59am
I don't think you got ripped, but it sounds like you bought carrier oil, not pure essential oil. 

You can find the real stuff on eBay ... just be sure to read the item description carefully, and be aware that pure essential oils should come in very small containers.  Like, half an ounce.  They're concentrated and meant to be diluted.  it's not very expensive ... I saw pure rosemary essential oil there for less than $6 including postage.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
KeishaNSU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeishaNSU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 10:39pm
Thanks guys, I probably should have done some research before I bought it, I just go so happy and saw rosemary oil and bought it. So does that mean that it's no good because I don't want to waste it.
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 4:53am
No you don't need to waste it at all . If it is specifically for hair why not mix it with your shampoo or conditioner as an extra treat or use it with water a final rinse or pre poo treatment
Sharon71XxX
KeishaNSU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeishaNSU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 4:32pm
That's what I will do. Thanks for the tips!!
naseemhassan299 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naseemhassan299 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2024 at 7:52am
Rosemary oil is often diluted before use, typically with a carrier oil like jojoba or almond oil. A common ratio is 2-5% essential oil to carrier oil, ensuring safety and reducing skin irritation risks. This dilution method allows for topical application or aromatherapy. Additionally, rosemary oil blends well with other essential oils such as lavender, peppermint, lemon, or eucalyptus, offering a variety of scents and potential therapeutic benefits. Always perform a patch test before broader use to prevent adverse reactions.

Edited by naseemhassan299 - May 13 2024 at 12:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic