Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I want that white hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Blucicada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blucicada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want that white hair!
    Posted: April 26 2000 at 1:32am
Hi there,
I must be feeling a bit funny because again I am thinking I want to have polar bear hair! I want the real white hair -none of this peroxide blonde business but really 'white as snow' hair. Anyone got the goods on that? I especially want feedback from people who have had it done to them or have done it to someone - cause guess work could be risky!
Muchos Gracias Amigos.

Ps - If I get it done professionally would it be expensive?
forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2000 at 7:34pm
Dear Blu:

I've got that really white hair but I come by it naturally, turning that way with age. You don't mention what color your hair is at the present time. If you are a natural brunette you really should know that to get to snow white is probably the most difficult place to go. In order to get to the white stage of lightening you must remove all pigment from the hair. This is so damaging that you might end up losing your hair if it is not done professionally. If you go to the pale yellow stage of lightening then tone with a violet based toner you could pull off the "very platinum blonde" look. This would be a better idea in the long run. Whatever you do see a professional colorist do not try this at home you would probably be sorry if you did.

Hope this helps in your decision to go ahead with color.

Good luck,

Forest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic