Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - temporary haircolor - OK to use on bleach blonde?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

temporary haircolor - OK to use on bleach blonde?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ahen151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahen151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: temporary haircolor - OK to use on bleach blonde?
    Posted: June 22 2006 at 11:23pm
Hi.  I have platinum blonde hair - achieved through bleaching.  I'd like to play around with it a bit, but I definitely don't want to mess with semi, demi, or permanent haircolor.  I was thinking about using a temporary color on some strands in the underlayers.  Will this stuff really wash out, or will it leave pigment?  I definitely want to stick with the platinum - it took me long enough to get there.  Please help!

Thanks!!!!!
thanks.
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 6:22pm

when putting it on bleached platinum hair, youre really taking a chance.....proably by using a harsh shampoo, Prell.....you could get it to wash out quicker

XoNikchick04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XoNikchick04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 8:40pm
In my experience, with hair that light (and also that processed which=porous) even "temporary" hair color will be sucked in and probably won't wash out.

Nikki
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 11:07pm
I'm sure I don't need to say it again, but if you're not willing to live with this "temporary" color permanently, don't do it. I would say it's almost surely not going to wash out. If you love your platinum and plan on keeping it, don't mess with it. Myself, I'm even very cautious of shampoos that have ANY color whatsoever in them, on my white blond hair. That and rusty water, self tanner, etc. 
ahen151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahen151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 11:43pm
Thanks!!!  I'll definitely stay away from the stuff. 
thanks.
meli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2006 at 2:53pm
your best bet...strand test
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic