Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Product Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
milkdud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milkdud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Product Problem
    Posted: June 29 2006 at 12:49pm
My hair is naturally dark brown, but it is bleached blonde.  I used the 3 in 1 (shampoo/conditioner/body wash) strawberry daquiri flavored product made by The Bath Lounge, and it turned my hair pink in spots!  I left a voicemail with the company to let them know, and they called me back, but didn't apologize or anything!  The lady said this has never happened before, and said they don't use any dyes in their all-natural products, just food coloring - which is water soluable.  I used the product yesterday morning, and tried using Herbal Essences shampoo, and it has not yet washed out.  I let the lady know this, and she said using a clarifying shampoo like neutrogena should get it out, or to go to a local beauty shop and ask for their recommendations.  I can't believe they didn't offer to reimburse me or apologize or anything!  Just a warning to others with bleached hair to not use this product, or to make sure it is shaken well before use (my best guess is that the coloring pooled in the bottle and I didn't shake it before use).
milkdud
summer*22* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summer*22* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 3:37pm
You could try using an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse to get out the pink spots.  The Apple Cider Vinegar is a natural clarify for removing product build-up and many people here use it.  Mix 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar with 2 cups water and rinse your hair with it....the smell will go away fairly quickly and it leaves your hair much softer and shinier...and it might get your pink spots out.

Good Luck

mustbcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustbcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 3:48pm
I do not know how pourous your hair is but you may want to try this 1 part bleach 1 part peroxide and 2 parts shampoo mix it all together and use it as a shampoo. I use it to brighten up my blonde ( white ) hair.
groberts80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote groberts80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 9:13pm
Those 3 in 1 products are often too harsh for hair. I just would use it as a body wash and not as a shampoo.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 12:07am

Well if they use food coloring, then that explains it. The stuff can really stain. It is actually what they use to dye dog's hair. You know, like those people who dye their white poodles pink. So that's probably why it did the same thing to you. Try the vinegar solution, it should work. Or dish washing detergent (I know it sounds crazy but it works)

Good luck
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 1:34pm
Sish washing detergent would probably be to harsh and to the original post: I am in the dark when it comes to dyes but i hope your hair gets rid of those pink spots
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 3:30pm
I know it sounds a little harsh. I actually heard the tip from a hair colorist thought. I guess they use that in extreme cases.

But I can tell you a funny story though. My sister's best friend came over to visit from the Dominican Republic years ago. She asked my mom to wash her hair. We had just ran out of shampoo. I was on my way to work when the whole thing was going on, so I walked out without knowing what ended up happening. When I returned home, this girl walked out of the room with the most gourgeous, shiniest, softest head of hair I've ever seen. I said wow! what kind of shampoo did you guys end up getting. She says "oh no! we didn't have time for that, so your mom just washed it with dish washing liquid (Ajax to be exact). My jaw dropped to the floor. I just could not believe it. I told her she was crazy for doing it though, but had to admit that was an impresive head of beautiful hair.
I'm not about to change my shampoo for Ajax though LOL.

Oh I forgot to mention originally that the best way to get semi-perm colors like that is by doing a protein treatment! I totally forgot about that. You put the protein treatment on, put on a shower cap and go under the dryer for 15 minutes. When you rinse your hair, you will see all the color come out in the water. Hope you no longer have those pink highlights milkdud, but if you still do, or if it ever happens again, do the protein thing, it will kick the color right out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic