Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair shedding too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mnallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair shedding too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!help
    Posted: July 11 2006 at 11:27am
hi! my name is monique and i am experiencing hair shedding. i got color in my hair, a honey blond about a yr ago. but i received the color first and then i got the relaxer 2 wks after that. i thought i was doing the right thing, well at least my hair dresser. everytime i received a relaxer from then on, my hair began to shedd all the time. i got the color in march of 2005 and it took a whole yr for the shedding to stop. it did but i also noticed that my once thick hair thinned out.  on july 9, 2006 i got a relaxer again my hair dresser asked me what i did because this was the first time in a long time that my hair shed. i get relaxers every 5 to 6 wks. what in the world is going on?it was so much i was scared to look. once i did it was a clunk... i need to know what it is that i am doing. i did grease my hair with doo-gro before the relaxer but that's only because i ran out of tea-tree oil. the doo-gro said do not rinse out on the grease. maybe that why. my hair stopped sheeding excessively until sun july 9th. i began to rod my hair after the first incident and i have noticed some length to my hair which is a good thing. what do i do next. i avoid the heat at all times....
monique
CarolNY View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarolNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 7:01pm
as an alopecian with au, i would suggest you check with a doctor.

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 11:54pm

Have you tested to see if you're allergic to the chemicals you've been using on your hair?

More awesome than a manatee!
mnallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 11:43am
i am afraid to check with the dr. don't want to hear any bad news if there were any
monique
mnallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 11:44am
no i haven't checked to see if i am allergic. i will though. thank you if u have any more advice please contact me
monique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic