Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone been to a dermatoligist?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone been to a dermatoligist?
    Posted: July 21 2006 at 11:58pm
I went for acne and I have to say, I am dissapointed. She only prescribed one method of tretment and there is nothing else she has told me about besides Acutane whcih you have to get monthly blood tests and pregnancy tests to be on. She gave me a cream wash called Brevoxyl, a gel to apply at night called Retin-A, and stuff to control my incredibly oily skin called Duac or Benzaclin. She also gave me a pill called Minocycline. There has to be something else because this is just not good. It helps some but it makes my skin really dry and then throught the day it gets really oily. Also if I don't get just the right amount it makes my skin sore. I even had a reaction to something and it burned me. I told them and they looked at me like I was crazy! This is the only dermy in my area so I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Especially any remides for EXTREMLY OILY skin.
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 1:11pm
How long have you been using the prescribed products?
Follow Your Bliss
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 3:40pm
here is recipe for homemade mask- this mask is great for very oily skin and acne. you need
  • 1 egg white
  • Few drops of lemon juice

Beat egg white with a few drops of lemon juice.
when mixture firms, apply on face and leave 20 minutes.
This mask is great for getting rid of blackheads!
here is also link to directory with good mask recipes- you might find something else useful: http://www.topbeautycare.com/directory/index.php?sc=3

hope it helps!

Edited by tanjuska - July 22 2006 at 3:42pm
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 8:50pm
Does it have to be freshly squeezed or can you use the lemon juice you buy in a bottle?
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 1:26am
best is freshly squeezed! 
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 1:27am
report, if it has worked... 
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 4:01pm
Really? You're face burned? That's unusual...my brother uses Bervoxyl as well as many other products including Differin& Retin-A....he also had an pill that he took...I forgot the name, but as soon as he stopped using it (needed to resupply) he immediatly broke out...his face is red and splotchy and he feels terrible. I think that maybe your pain is from teh pill? I look for the name of his oral pill and see if it's any good.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 8:17pm

i went to a derma doctor my only success was birth control pills. BUT when my insurance was cut i found something that worked its called Micheals skin factors  its a herbal product for teen and adult acne they sale it online you should try that. Let me know if you need a link.

Good luck!

Edited by babycheeks24 - July 26 2006 at 8:31pm
Babycheeks
peter123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 9:24am

for acne blemishes i steam face, then cleanse before applying any product.

pr.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 11:56pm
Well, actually sounds like she prescribed quite a bit. You have to give it TIME! Most acne products dont start working a minimum of 3 weeks,and sometimes longer (like 6 weeks)
I too have EXTREMELY oily skin and it sucks. I go through oil absorbing sheets like crazy. I was put on 3 months antibiotics,metro gel (an anti-inflammatory meant for roseaca) differin gel,and a 4% aplha hydroxy wash.
I started seeing results in 3 weeks,after 8 weeks I was clear. COMPLETELY CLEAR. I'm still oily,but it's better then having big infected nasty pimples that hurt. Accutane is dangerous and should only be used as a last resort. My sister got suicidal on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic