Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help dried up glue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxxxcharliexxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxxcharliexxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help dried up glue
    Posted: July 29 2006 at 3:09pm
 My Liquid gold hair glue is not runny enough in the bottle as the lid got slightly cracked is there anyway i can get it back to normal so i can use it or is it just a case of its not useful anymore and i have to order some more?!?

please help as i wanted these hair extensions in for a night out 2morrow and cant buy anymore before then as there are no shops open.

Thankyou
Charlie
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 3:22pm
thre really isnt much you can do once it gets thick. I know there is some chemical that you can add...and it was posted here awhile back. I think by Dunebug (maybe try doing a search on the forum)

You could try setting the LG bottle in some hot water, and it may help thin it, but if if the cap was loose and it got really thick there may be no help....
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 4:34pm
bummer...can you use clips?

nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 4:35pm
here's the link to the post on diluting liquid gold with 'TCE'...they said you can find it at home depot:

xxxxcharliexxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxxcharliexxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 6:16pm
it did sherrie think its a lost cause its really really thick. i dont have clips malibu? and thankyou nursie!
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2006 at 6:53pm
just a thought but you could try to thin it down with nail polish remover....might work, might not but its worth a try lol
Dunebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 10:39pm
I was never able to find that stuff at home depot, I had everyone helping me and it wasnt anywhere to be found!
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 11:06pm
im glad you didnt find it Dunebug, here's a hazard fact sheet i found on TCE:

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 12:02am
One of the drawbacks of LG.

I've never been able to successfully thin it to its original consistency once it starts to thicken like that. Even the stovetop recommendation never worked well. I only use the 1/2 oz bottles to help prevent that and always get a cosmetic square saturated in acetone and clean the thread grooves on the bottle opening before closing it up.

Thanks for the link, nursie. I zoomed in on this factoid:

TCE can affect your brain the same way drinking alcohol does

So I guess adding an olive and a spritz of vermouth is in order when thinning LG. ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic