Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you do your own roots?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SDOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you do your own roots?
    Posted: September 30 2006 at 3:09pm
Do you do your own roots or go to the hairdresser?

I need mine doing but Im not sure if to do it myself...or go to the hairdressers,
altho first of im scared of going back there after what happend before and secondly she only dyes the 'T section' which is your middle parting and round the sides from your temple to the forehead...and that costs near 50 quid Confused 
Ive always been dark haired so it was easy to do my roots before but now im full headed highlighted blondes/browns so i dunno what to do..
KarenNJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenNJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 9:49am
This "T-section" business sounds horrid!  But is that standard?  Or is that because of the recent damage to your hair?  (colorist doesn't want to do too much further damage.)

I do my own, because I have moved a lot in the past 6 years and I'm very picky about who goes near my hair with the intent to color.  My hair isn't extremely complicated, either.

I have foil highlights, which don't need to be done every time I do my roots.  I do my roots with the base color about every 6 weeks.  I keep up with the highlights 2-3 times per year.

If your situation is similar, you might consider doing your roots with your base color yourself, then going to the salon whenever the highlights need to be freshened up.

Good luck!

Edited by KarenNJ - October 01 2006 at 12:14pm
Strand test, strand test, strand test!
SDOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 2:48pm

Yeah I have the foiled highlights too, I was dyed darkest brown/black and had it stripped with a full head of foil hightlights and then had it done again so get all the blacky color out, but the third time i wanted blonde highlights thru the light brown so its very streaky blonde and brown, its just my roots are really starting to show now.

The T section was explained to me that its easier to just do the parting and round the front as you dont see the regrowth underneath and it would be a waste of time doing a foil on roots that aint that long..
which i think is abit of a waste of money if im not getting all my roots done

I was thinking of doing my roots a similer color to what my hair looks like, but i wouldnt know how to reach the regrowth I cant see, and to dye it without getting all over the rest of my color. Ive never had highlights before

Edited by SDOW - October 04 2006 at 2:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic