Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not much longer, but much healthier!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not much longer, but much healthier!
    Posted: October 15 2006 at 7:11pm

Hey there everyone!Waving

Just wanted to say hello and let you know my hair IS growing, but I've been trimming the damaged ends in an effort to get to a healthier length. So, my hair is about 21" (still), but I've got about 6" of great new growth at the top. Because my hair is wavy/curly, and I live in a humid region, my new growth is sometimes sort of unruly. But by this time next year, it will be nicer to look at. I don't have a photo yet, but I'll try to take one soon (for Rini especiallyWink).

As for hair routine, I played with WO (water only) for a bit, but right now I'm doing diluted shampoo once or twice a week with Giovanni, and leaving in a tiny bit of conditioner (Giovanni or Phyto 9).

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2006 at 8:02pm
Hi SpecialKitty, it's good to see you and hear about your goings-on. Smile

Do you have any recent photos to share?

hugs
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2006 at 9:00pm
SpecialKitty: It sounds like your hair is doing great! I've always been of the opinion that quality is more important than length.
We're your "cheerleaders".....keep growing!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2006 at 12:19am
Doh! I must have glossed right over what you said about pictures.

Best wishes
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2006 at 7:03pm
Good Growin
whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2006 at 3:48pm
Hi Special Kitty

Your doing great, keep up the good work!

Can't wait to see the new pics when you have timeSmile
Hair Type 2a/m/ii

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2006 at 6:43pm
I've finally taken a few new photos, but I'm feeling sheepish because my hair is really not that much longer than my signature photo, which was taken back in May. I've been trimming regularly to get rid of the dried, dead ends. So anyway, here are the photos, which really show my new growth at the top compared to the dried ends at the bottom. I can't wait till those are gone!  I'm putting these in as links because the photos are on the larger side - don't want to overwhelm you!

Edited by SpecialKitty - October 22 2006 at 6:48pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 6:28pm

Don't worry, they're just the right size. Your hair is looking really lovely. I especially like the shot with the shiny barrette.

Anais 
my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 8:41pm
Thanks Anais!Embarrassed
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2006 at 5:34am
Yay SK.....that new growth is just gorgeous!  You are really doing well. I know it's hard sometimes to hang in there, but it will be so worth it in the end.  I'm looking forward to this time next year too, so let's stick it out together!!!

thanks so much for the pics.....want a sig update?

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2006 at 10:39am
your just like me i trim my ends off as well i just believe in a healthy growth. My hair is BSL now but growing strong and steady i get a trim every 3 to 4 mths. Your doing great cant wait to see your super long hair one day:)
Babycheeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2006 at 3:05pm
Thanks Rini and babycheeks!

Rini, I'd love a new siggy with the barrette photo, but only if you have time. You are SO SWEET to ask Hug I'm so graphics challenged!

I'm excited about having BSL hair at this time next year!!!! WooHoo!
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 4:20am
No worries!  Just send me the relevant stuff.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2006 at 1:34pm
Great pics Special Kitty

Keep positive and visulising your bsl crowning glory next year!Smile

Hair Type 2a/m/ii
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2006 at 2:22am
SK,
Your hair is growing in beautifully!  I just cut off about 3-4 inches of old bleached ends and while I hated to lose the length, the condition is so much better.  I think I'm about your length now too.  I need to measure.  We'll all hang in there together, okay?  Oh, and Anais, your avatar is such an inspiration.  How long has it taken to get to where you are now.  Your hair is so gorgeous!

SF 
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2006 at 2:04pm
Thanks StrawberryFine!!! Hug That's great that you said good bye to those ends. I wish I was brave enough to do that. Maybe in a year or so when I've got a little more length. It will be fun to compare notes with you and Rini in a year or so. I agree with you about Anais' hair. So incredibly beautiful and inspirational!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2006 at 11:15am
  Hello,

I am new here. I have really dark almost black hair that is really thick and course.I have a natural wave almost to the point of being curly.My hair is in an extreme v shape with the back being right below my bra strap, and the sides are right below my sholder.
I am telling you this because I to am growing my hair out. My hair was almost to me waist a month ago. I went for a "trim" .I wanted no more than an inch of the bottom and no more than 3 inches up layered.What I got was the V I explained. She also took the razor and thinned out my hair from shoulders down! I cried for three days! I don't mean to be burdening you with this horor story, I just wanted to worn you . Please make sure that the person you have trim your hair is someone you trust! I purchased a pair of hair shears since and my mom is the only one who I a going to let touch my hair from now one.SHe usually is but she lives on the other side of the state from me.
Sorry for the long post, I am cheering for you also.

Alisa06 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2006 at 11:21am
Hi Alisa,

That is really very traumatic, what happened to you.Hug I bet your hair is very pretty. You will find a lot of great support, advice, and inspiration here on this board. If you get a chance, start a new thread introducing yourself to everyone and telling them about your hair. Let's keep growing together - our hair will be long before we know it! Big%20smile
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2006 at 6:58pm
Thank you so much. I just posted an introduction about myself, but accidently put it in the announcement section. Hopefully I will soon get the hang of this.

Alisa06
Katze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 8:54am
hi special Kitty, your hair is so lovely and the top is looking wonderful. I'm at a similar stage to you (about 6 inches of fried ends, just did my own self-trim) and know how hard it is to be patient.

But it sounds like you're on the right path to long and healthy hair.

nice pics, and keep up the good work!

Katze
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic