Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AHHHHHHH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
free.blessings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote free.blessings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AHHHHHHH
    Posted: October 29 2006 at 12:05am
Okay, so my hair was a dark brown, with highlights ranging from brown to light blonde and then black all around my bangs.

My mom suggested I get my hair lightened in preparation for my sisters wedding

so I went to this place and I received 7 foils
They are all around my front area, which is fine but I don't like them at all and they are kind of orange.

Sooooo I want to get rid of them, without leaving a huge difference of color when I dye over them.

I don't have pics atm.

Thanks for any help ^_^
KarenNJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenNJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2006 at 7:30am
I'd suggest you try coloring those sections using a semi permanent 1-2 shades lighter than your natural color.  Apply the color from root to mid-shaft, but only pull it through the ends for the final 10 minutes of processing (the ends are porous and will soak up color faster).
IMPORTANT:  Do a strand test on one of the less-conspicuous sections before hitting all of them!
This should blend those sections with your natural color.  Normally, to darken highlighted hair, you'd be advised to use a red filler (to avoid a greenish tone); however, since you said it's kind of orange now, a filler probably won't be necessary.
The sections you dye will fade over several weeks.  When that happens, you can just go back and freshen them up.
Good luck!

Edited by KarenNJ - October 29 2006 at 7:31am
Strand test, strand test, strand test!
free.blessings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote free.blessings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2006 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by KarenNJ KarenNJ wrote:

I'd suggest you try coloring those sections using a semi permanent 1-2 shades lighter than your natural color.  Apply the color from root to mid-shaft, but only pull it through the ends for the final 10 minutes of processing (the ends are porous and will soak up color faster).
IMPORTANT:  Do a strand test on one of the less-conspicuous sections before hitting all of them!
This should blend those sections with your natural color.  Normally, to darken highlighted hair, you'd be advised to use a red filler (to avoid a greenish tone); however, since you said it's kind of orange now, a filler probably won't be necessary.
The sections you dye will fade over several weeks.  When that happens, you can just go back and freshen them up.
Good luck!

Thank you so much!
I will do this!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic