Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My first install yay!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yorkieluvr06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkieluvr06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My first install yay!!
    Posted: November 21 2006 at 8:15am
Hello ladies!! I wanted to post some pictures of my first install with 22 inch silky straight #4 chocolate brown hair from hairtrade,its cheapo stuff but since this is my first install I didn't want break the bank getting expensive hair untill I get used to the installation,care of the hair,method etc. Plus I was desperate and didn't want to wait longer than 2 days for delivery lol!! I used protac to sandwich the wefts and liquid gold for the side pieces and the uppermost top piece.I've only had this in for 4 days now,but so far so good and I'm really enjoying the comments Embarrassed! The hair won't really hold a curl at all,I've tried many times!! But its cheapo hair so I'm not too bothered this time round.It only took me about 2 hours to install, and was suprisingly easy to do.But of course I would never have been able to do this myself without all your fantastic advice and info you post on hairtalk daily,so thank you all very very much ladies,you are all amazing!!
Here's the link to view my photos>>>>
http://public.fotki.com/yokieluvr06/my-first-install/  (I stayed up pretty late installing and looked a bit rough so I didn't show my face lol!!)

It looks ok for a first try,next time I'll probably use the french refined for the curl and maybe blend in some other colours. Let me know what you think! xx
pooks1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooks1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 9:20am
Gorgeous! I found the french refined a bit curly for my tastes, I installed this type on a friend last week and it looks gorgeous on her. She said the waves are loosening up though...

Great job
nicey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 9:49am
wow your hair looks great.

well done! xxClap
louxx
*erica* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *erica* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 9:57am
how many ounces it that? beautiful!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkieluvr06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 10:41am
I used almost 7 ounces of hair.It feels quite heavy and its definately taking some getting used to! I haven't had hair this long since I was 9 years old!!
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 11:22am
oooo that looks just like yours, well done chick x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
Lil'Bohemian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil'Bohemian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 11:38am
very very beautiful! what a great job you did!
now you will be addicted to the extensions Tongue
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 12:55pm
Yeah! Welcome to the addiction!!

I love it, looks so natural, and the hair looks soft and nice! I wouldn't have guessed it was cheap hair!

Great first install, it really looks perfect!!
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2006 at 1:03pm
Yorkieluvr, That's a great great job! So nice and straight and natural!!..Congratulations for your first install!
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 8:51am
I would never think you had extentions.....great job!!!!!!
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
leyda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leyda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 11:56am
Very nice, wowowiwa! Clap
Se tu mismo
Aphrodiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2006 at 5:30pm
Beautiful and Perfect! Looks so natural. LOVE IT A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Aphrodiva - November 23 2006 at 7:23pm
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2006 at 1:47am
Excellent job, chick! Looks seamless and very sexy!
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2006 at 9:09am
it looks great Yorkie! you mentioned blending some colors in, i bet some caramel pieces would look excellent, i love the length you now have (your before hair looks to be in great condition too!)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkieluvr06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2006 at 10:16am
Thank you all soooo much for all your comments!! I'm about to order some of the body wave by unique so that will be my next install (I'm loving Aphrodiva's hair!!) .Everything is holding up well so far with no slippage (hopefully I haven't spoken too soon lol!)
Nursie: my hair may look in good condition in the pic but trust me when I say its trashed lol!! I have to condition it so much and straighten with irons and use lotsa serum to get it looking decent.I went platinum blonde several months ago and when my hair started breaking off I decided to go back au naturel.
It is somewhat frustrating having to be so careful with where I'm putting the conditioner to avoid protac slippage,I'm so used to using reconstructor packs all the time.But,I'm loving having longer hair.It was soooo funny the other day I saw my Nan who had just returned from a 3 month trip.She looked at me and said,'wow,your hair has grown really long' !!! I cracked up laughing because she really thought it was my hair lol!! I then revealed to her my extension secrets and she was amazed! She really couldn't believe how well I had hidden the wefts. It feels really good hearing all the positive feedback,especially since this is my first install!!
I am well and truly addicted to hair now!! I'm constantly thinking about what I can do for my next install(s) there are so many possibilities.I'd love to do the shrink links with i-tip strands but my bank balance won't allow for that right now Cry
Anyways,thank again ladies!! x
I_LOVE_WEAVES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I_LOVE_WEAVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2006 at 4:50pm
Verrrrryyyyyy beautiful... how much did the hair cost?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkieluvr06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 9:39am

Thank you for your comments,the hair cost £29.99 from Hairtrade.com. The hair is cheapo stuff and definately not Remy quality but it's ok if your are on a budget and need hair now lol!I had to remove the hair just over a week ago because the ends got all dried and tangly and I could see all these bulbs at the ends which didn't look very nice,so the hair doesn't last very long! I got some Unique Wiiv 14inch Bodywave hair from Ebonyline that cost me half of what I paid for the hair in my pics.I got a #6 that I dyed using clairol's medium brown natural instincts.It turned out perfectly,and have made my own set of clip-ins.I will get some pics on here soon to show you all! I also just ordered some D-lux i-tip hair (it was 25% off from yourhairshop.com,bargain!!) so I will be installing that in the new year! 

I_LOVE_WEAVES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I_LOVE_WEAVES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 11:30pm
How much did that cost because I don't know that type of currency...better yet, does someone know a site where they convert currency?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic