Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help for maintaining braids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xyra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help for maintaining braids
    Posted: November 24 2006 at 10:56am
So, in order to achieve my hair length goal, I had my hair braided last week. My hair is a little past (but not by much at all) my shoulders, and I would love for it to be bra strap length. Anyway, I was originally going to get micro braids, but after reading what it can do to your hair, I decided against it. I had them once before, but I didn't want to risk breakage since I plan on having braids in for awhile. So I guess you could say that I have individual braids with loose ends (some human hair extensions were added in though).

I just need some hair care suggestions. My hair grows extremely fast while in braids. It's only been a week and I'm already noticing a small amount of new growth. What can I do to make my new growth look somewhat decent as it continues to grow? I don't know how to braid at all, so that's why I had someone else do it. And also, what should I use on my ends to help keep my actual hair moisterized? I'm currently using African Royale braid spray, and will still be shampooing and conditioning with Mane 'n Tail. And should I dilute the shampoo and conditioner with water before washing my scalp and braids?

Sorry for the long post, but everyone here has been so helpful, I thought that someone might be able to answer my questions. Thank you all for advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic