Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Short hair and a big forhead...help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sporty6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporty6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short hair and a big forhead...help
    Posted: December 24 2006 at 3:31am
Hello all,

I am new to the boards and have a question. Well for starters, this is me,  (on the left with the big bright smile. ^.^)

I have been wanting to get my hair cut in a short style for the past 2 years. I was thinking about something like this http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/wgallery/gallery3008.jpg or this one http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/wgallery/gallery3001.jpg because I would really like a change. I love my long hair but I find that I usually pull it back in a ponytail because there is really no time for maintence while I am in school.  However, my promblem is that that I am afraid that the style will not look good because i have a big forehead. I am not a really big fan of bangs which I know is a good way to take care of having a big forehead but was wondering if there are any other options.

Does anyone have any experience with having short haircut while also having big forehead and also, what is maintence like for a short style. Thank you

shorthairissexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthairissexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2006 at 10:43pm
I think the first one would look best and would help with the forehead.  Usually length doesn't have that much to do with foreheads but bangs do help.  The first one is a nice cut.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2006 at 6:33pm
Your current hairstyle looks real. The two links you provided look kind of fake. Or at least extremely stiff. I don't think your forehead looks that big, but maybe that's just me.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2006 at 10:02pm
I dont think your forehead looks too big either.I'm in agreeance about the pics.I think those cuts would age you.I think a great cut for you would be a sweeping bang.And a blunt bob just below the chin.Its a versatile cut.You can blow it out smooth or put some pomade in it to mess it up.Good luckSmile
strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2006 at 11:00pm
I am also not a fan of the two styles in the photos.  They are very attractive women, but the styles are very severe and I do think they are an older look.

I think something just above the shoulders with a few layers would be a great style to start out with - you can always go shorter later, after all.  A long bang that sweeps to the side would soften the forehead area and is quite easy to grow out should you decide to do so.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll look great in whatever style you choose.
sporty6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporty6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2006 at 1:50am
Thank u to all that have applied. I do like the idea of the blunt bob and I have done some research on the style and have found that it also works well with African American skin. (yea!) Anyway, I've been doing some more searching on hair styles and like these as well. http://a820.g.akamai.net/f/820/822/1d/i.ivillage.com/BS/AAHS_images/MJB_color_cut.jpg
http://www.thehairstyler.com/images/celebrity/blackf_71.jpg
http://www.beautifulhairdos.com/pictures/halle.berry.01.jpg(I love this one!)

I'm a big fan of the Halle Berry cuts. Thanks for help. Could someone please tell me what the difficulty level is in caring for short hair. Thank you.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2006 at 8:20am
Sporty,
I am a stylist and see lots of short hair. My wife for one is a short hair nut. The only thing that I can tell you is that you will need more frequent trims than your use to. As far as getting the look, I do my wifes hair each day before she goes to work and it takes me 5 minutes at tops. If you add high lites they also come out quick because of the cut always being trimmed. Trims are about once every 4 weeks. This could get costly. Give it some thought before you cut.
Mike  
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 3:05am
I just wanna say...Mike,your wife is lucky to have you doing her hair for her everyday! LOL...Would make life so much easier.

Sporty6,I do like the Halle Berry cuts better then the first two you showed. And The Mary one too. But I agree your forehead doesnt seem that big.If you got the Mary one though you'd have to go with the color too,cuz it makes the cut I think.
Let us know what you decide and follow up I'd love to see you after.

And..I have had my hair that short before.The upkeep is pretty easy.Mikecuts was right though,you'd have to get more frequent trims to keep the style's shape.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 9:29am
You have a pretty face so I think any of those cuts would look wonderful on you.  You could even try to make them a bit spikier for a more youthful look.  Sometimes, like when you are job hunting, it is better to be able to give the appearance of being a bit older.  A versatile haircut will take you far in life.

The bangs are probably the best look for you and you seem to be leaning that way with the cuts you are choosing.  You could do long bangs in front and a spikier back.  That is one great thing about African-American hair--it can be sort of molded into place.  I agree with everyone else about the maintenance though.  I have real short hair and I find that if I don't get it trimmed every four weeks it immediately looks shapeless.  I generally wash it every day too as it gets real crunched up (from all the product I have to use) when I sleep.   That is the other thing--you will probably have to have several hair products on hand at all times to keep the look in place.  I use shampoo, gel, thickener, paste, and hairspray each and every day.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
tashanicole86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 8:50pm
Unfortunately I think the best way to cover up a bigger forehead is with bangs. I think the second cut you posted is more modern then the first and would help camouflage your forehead, but I also really like the Halle Berry cuts and think those would look really nice too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic