Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straightening question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pfft84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfft84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straightening question
    Posted: January 04 2007 at 9:26pm
can any type of hair be straightened? i have short kinda wavy hair, i want to grow it out and have it look kinda like this pic                                           

can it be done? and if so how much do i have to let my hair grow before i can?

Edited by pfft84 - January 04 2007 at 9:26pm
Denise Kingsley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denise Kingsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 4:55pm
 Any hair can be straightened, at least to some degree. It would have to be grown out to at least 3 inches. Start looking for your TR person now, and have some consultations. They will guide you in the right direction as far as growing out your hair. Just remember, the person best at the TR may not be the best at cutting.
Denise Kingsley
eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 10:58am

My hairstylist told me that hair even one inch long can be straightened.  You can either blow dry it straight, or use a straightening iron.  You might want to go to a salon and pay for them to style your hair straight, that way you will learn the technique and what products to use.  Regarding products, I think the drugstore has products that are just as good as high end salon products!  Goodluck!

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic