Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

measured my hair...*ecstatic squeal*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: measured my hair...*ecstatic squeal*
    Posted: January 30 2007 at 11:48am

I felt like my hair was a bit longer lately, so my sister measured it for me this morning.  The tips just reach 37 inches!!!  I can't believe this, it's the longest it's ever been!  I was just so extremely shocked because my last measurement the end of November showed 34 1/2.  That means it has gained 2 1/2 inches in 2 months!  This is just amazing.....

I had an extreme shedding phase in the fall.  I was beginning to get worried.  I guess my hair went through a huge growth spurt after that.  There's also tons of new growth all over my head.  woohoo!  I'm jumping for joy! LOL
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 1:42pm
     Congratulations, Sarah! Just incredible! I know that reaching long lengths as a curly may have been difficult, BUT what a triumph for you! Blessings, Bob LOL
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 2:50pm
That is so exciting! I am so happy for you! What dedication, and it shows. Your hair is gorgeous! I can just imagine what it looke like at this length.

Edited by Alisa06 - January 30 2007 at 2:51pm
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 3:57pm
Sara,  I just love your hair and your fantastic website - the music is so comforting.  Congratulations on your growth Thumbs%20Up
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 5:26pm
Wow! I'm jealous!!! Congrats!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 8:54pm
Thank you all so much!  I'm glad to have friends who share in my excitement.  Hugs to everybody. Hug 

Alisa, I'll be posting new full length pics sometime this summer.  Maybe by then I'll have gained even more length!

Kimbearly, I'm glad you like my site.  I was thinking of changing to a different song, but I've gotten sooo many compliments on that one, I think I'll leave it a bit longer.
sarah
40 inches
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2007 at 6:54am
I don't know exactly how long 37 would be on a person, but I know its over 3 feet, so its pretty long!  Congratulations!  With your lovely curls I bet it looks amazing! (and I love your curl in your sig pic too, its so shiny and spiraly!).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2007 at 10:04am

Susan, 37 inches on me is a tiny bit past my tailbone.  Of course, that's pulled straight.  It doesn't look that long hanging loose.  (that's my ultimate goal)

I'm glad you like my sig. Smile  My hair really doesn't look that red normally, the flash does it.  The black background makes it look redder too.  Here's what it looked like without a flash. 

Edited by hairbraider - February 01 2007 at 10:04am
sarah
40 inches
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 3:09pm
Congratulations Sarah!  Wow, that's a lot of growth in a small amount of time!  Of course we'll all look forward to seeing new pictures of your gorgeous hair. Smile (I should update my signature photo here)...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2007 at 11:02pm
Thanks Dave!  Yes, that's alot of growth.  That's why I was so shocked and excited.  I look forward to seeing new pics of my hair too.  I always underestimate how it looks until I see it for myself and compare pics to see the progress. LOL
sarah
40 inches
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 6:54am
I know what you mean, the flash always changes my hair color too, thats why for my photo page I sometimes do both inside and outside, just so no one thinks I'm trying to fake my color.  But red or brown, your curl looks just as shiny and lovely!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2007 at 3:44pm

Thank you Susan. Smile  I normally take hair pics outside in natural light to get the most accurate coloring.

sarah
40 inches
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic