Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Always_Changing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Always_Changing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help
    Posted: February 06 2007 at 2:39pm
I dyed my hair on Sunday and my roots came out orange and the rest of my hair was light brown w/ and orange tint. So I was wondering how long should I wait to re-color and I was thinking about coloring over it #43 in Garnier Nutrisse which is classified as a Brown/Cappuccino but I'm worried it will come out to dark so I was thing of mixing with #50 medium natural brown. So I'm really confused and was wondering what you think I should do?
chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2007 at 11:53pm
What is your natural hair color and what color were you dying it?

If your hair came out orange, I'm guessing you were a dark brown trying to lighten with a lighter color.  What probably happened was that it didn't lift enough so it turned orange, just like if you bleached dark brown hair.  The reason why the roots prob. turned orange is because body heat speeds up the process.  BTW, when you dye you always want to apply first ot all roots, and then to the rest of the hair, as opposed to bleaching where you do ends first, then roots.  My guess is you'd probably have to apply another hair dye first to get rid of the orange, Claude's sticky has some info on this in the color wheel.

You may want to take it to a pro for more help as we can't see what it looks like here, and you definitely want those roots to match up...

Edited by chinastop - February 06 2007 at 11:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic