Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Napes, hairlines, necklines..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
starbuck_1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbuck_1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Napes, hairlines, necklines..
    Posted: February 08 2007 at 9:26am
I have a short pixie cut. It's slightly less than an inch at the back and about 1-2 inches on top. I wear it kinda spiked up.

My hair is sort of layered and textured all over with a a pair thinning shears that gradually tapers at the nape.

I have a question about hair at the nape. I have seen women with extremely cute pixie cuts where the hair at the nape is not tapered or clippered but gently rounded and where a paintbrush like shape of the hair is left. A little tail (not a rat tail, goodness forbid). What on earth do you call that? As you can see I am already stumbling trying to describe it.

Can someone help me out?

Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 9:35am
I call it a point. 

Not everyone can have their hair cut like this, however.  It depends on the shap of your hairline as well as the texture and growth pattern of the hair at your hairline. 

If you describe it to your stylist the way you have for us, he/she will know what you mean.  Of course, a picture is worth a thousand words.  If you can find a photo to sho the stylist, it's extremely helpful.

Rocky
starbuck_1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbuck_1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 10:01am
Thanks, Rocky! That's helpgful.

Does anyone have any pics to share? Or personally have a point and just want to share the experience of having/not having one.

Even though I know my hair might not be suited for it. I still find it extremely cute on a lot of girls with short hair.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic