Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Product Recommendations for real hair w/ extension
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Product Recommendations for real hair w/ extension

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
flgal007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flgal007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product Recommendations for real hair w/ extension
    Posted: February 22 2007 at 1:56pm

I recently got extensions for the first time a month ago(Cinderella Hair).  I have been using shampoo/conditioner from cinderella hair that I received as part of my extension package.  I have only had one extension fall out in a month - which I have been told is pretty good, however I feel like my real hair is not getting enough mosturizer and appear to be a bit more brittle and dry.  Currently I don't use any product on my hair after I get out of the shower as I am afraid that it will loosen the bonds.  So when I dry my hair and flat iron it I feel like my own hair is getting damaged as it was already fine to begin with.  Can anyone make recommendations on products that can be used (deep conditioner, heat protecting styling products)that will not loosen the hair extension bonds but continue to treat and keep my real hair strong and healthy.  Also if there are other shampoos and conditioners that can be used that will not loosen the bonds but will be better for my natural hair I would welcome those recommendations as well.  Thank you in advance for any insight!!  

BunnyWabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnyWabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 2:34pm
A lot of girls seem to use the types of products they did before extensions - the key is being careful not to let it near the bonds. Even using regular conditioner seems to be fine for a lot of people if you just do the ends of your hair where it is the dryest. 
flgal007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flgal007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 2:38pm
Thanks for the reply.  I have bonds all throughout my hair 100+.  My real hair is not very long and it is layered so this makes it very challenging to apply product to my real hair without getting close to the bonds.  I really need to use products that will not damage the bonds.  Thanks though for your comments. 

Edited by flgal007 - February 22 2007 at 2:39pm
sisterhanse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sisterhanse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2007 at 7:44pm
TRY GARNIER FRUCTIS THIS HAS WORKED WONDERS FOR MY EXTENTIONS
peace and love
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic